Chapter 19

Jen's POV:

After what felt like hours, which was really minutes, everyone was ready and the house was decorated. A plastic sheet also covered every surface you could think of as I didn't want a huge mess to clean up later.

People started trickling in and snacking on the little appetizers before the feast and games.

As for James and Cayden, they came back inside and acted as if nothing happened. I was okay with that because if it was bought up again, I would be embarrassed.

We were all back to our normal selves once the party officially began.

Although I'm an ACW, I was able to mingle with people and actually enjoy myself.

 I was having a good time. The music was pumping and people were dancing. I'm just happy that we didn't bring any alcohol this time.

Finally, everyone on the list arrived by 7:30 and we got down to business.

...

Standing on the dining room table, I threw a  bouncy ball at the front door, not wanting to damage it. 

Everyone cheered and shouted. 

This signified that the party has begun and the first game will be started.

Already knowing the routine, everyone crowded around me as I explained the first game. 

"Guys! The first game will be hot potato!" I shouted over the pumping music. 

The crowd cheered.

James already had the microwaveable potatoes on a dish, steaming with heat. 

Everyone formed a large circle as I put on heat safe gloves, picked up the 2 potatoes, and went into the middle of the circle. 

James caught my eye and I nodded at him to start the chosen song. 

The song was Fiyah by Will.i.am.

At the end of the first verse, I threw one potato to one side of the circle. Once the chorus hit, the second potato joined the first.

Being that the potato was actually hot, the game moved on quickly. I was able to catch everything on my camera.

By the end of the game, a girl in my grade had won. 

She received a small sticker.

The person with the most stickers at the end will be the ultimate champion.

James announced the second game. 

It was a donut race. 

"There will be 5 contestants at a time trying to throw the donut onto a cactus plant. The first one with 5 donuts on there will win. The last 10 people will move to the next round and I'll have a showdown trying to throw the donuts onto a paper towel rack." The crowd screamed and hollered.

I counted each person as the game began.

I played this round just for fun and ended up coming in second place but I didn't receive a sticker as I was one of the hosts. 

The sticker went to the runner up behind me.

_

We played about 5 more food games before the actual feast began. 

The winner was a dude named Jared in the 11th grade. He received the small trophy and chose the runner ups. 

We began eating shortly afterward.

There was all different types of food. 

Spanish, African, Jamaican, Italian, Hawaiian, and many more due to the mixed group of nationalities that attended our school.

I immediately dove into the barbecue chicken and mac n'cheese. 

Soul food is one of my favorites.

As I ate, I couldn't help but glance around at all the familiar faces I may miss one day. 

This is it, the last time we'll all be together before some of us go to travel the world and pursue our dreams at the end of the year. 

The last summer where we won't have to deal with the real world.

 I began to get sad.

Deep into my feelings, I ate my chicken and mac.

 My friends joined me as I sat in deep thought, reviewing all the good times we shared.

"ARE Y'ALL READY FOR THIS NEW YEAR?" Cayden shouted within the crowd. 

Everybody cheered and screamed.

 A few more songs played before everyone began to slowly trickle out the door.

By the time everyone left and the house was cleaned, it was 11:30. 

I showered and got ready for bed. 

The potato squad did the same and fell asleep. I was the last to go to sleep, thoughts of the new school year ahead on my mind.

( A/N: Potato Squad- Jen, James, Cora, Cayden, and Kyra. Alex will join later.)

Hey, y'all!

Hey, y'all!

I'm really sorry for the stupid late update. I had no motivation and high school has officially started. I have almost 3 quizzes a week and I'm always tired. I will try to write as much as I can but please don't get on me if I don't do it when I say. I hope y'all enjoyed! Please vote, comment, and follow me! I'll follow you back ❤️

Until Later,
            My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔 ❤️