Chapter 15

James POV:

Sad, scared, guilty, and although I don't wanna say it, jealous.

These are my current emotions.

I'm sad and scared because I may have lost my best friend.

Guilty because I sent Jen away after seeing the look on her face that she tried so hard to cover up and jealous because I went over to apologize a few hours ago and found out from Cora that 'she doesn't need me right now' because she has Cayden to hold her while she cries.

I tried to go inside anyway but then Kyra came, saying that Jen is asleep and to work out our problems in the morning.

I went back home and up to my room.

I stared at the clock for a while, wishing for morning to come sooner.

Unfortunately for me, it was only 11:30 and if I went out again, I'd be surely asking for my parents to wake up and give me an ear full for doing so.

My parents came home a little after Jen left, alarmed by the music they heard playing, and started rapidly firing questions at me before I could say anything.

The only explanation I give them was that things were complicated between us right now. That's honestly the only explanation I could give myself right now...

My thoughts then begin to rapidly fire questions, too fast for me to think.

I shut my eyes, an attempt to get the madness out of my head and open them up to the splattered gray and white ceiling Jen and I created at the age of 14. All thoughts of the present, gone, to the past.

FLASHBACK:

I sit on my bed with a blindfold on and some old clothes that Jen gave me from my closet.

She said she had the greatest surprise for me and told me to wait patiently in my room.

When she entered, she guided me to my desk chair in the farthest corner of the room while she got the present ready.

I heard the rustling if what I believed was plastic and the clink of metal.

I knew that whatever she has in store, we were definitely gonna get in trouble.

"Potato, how much longer?" I whine.

"If you keep whining, you will get nothing." She replied in a serious tone.

I then knew that I should shut my mouth, not wanting Jen to bite my head off.

After a couple more seconds of listening to her movement, rustling of some sort, and the sound of heavy items thumping the floor, Jen was finally ready for the surprise to be revealed.

She gently slipped off the blindfold and took my hand, leading me to the other side of the room.

There I saw 2 buckets of grey and white paint and 4 big paintbrushes, laid on a large sheet of plastic.

The plastic was everywhere, covering my furniture, curtains, and new carpet. I looked all over the room, not stopping until I saw how she could've possibly gotten the plastic sheet over the curtains.

For a short girl, she really knows how to help herself.

In corner of the room laid two small ladders, big enough to reach the ceiling, small enough to fit in the room.

I looked at her only to see a mischievous glint in her eye and already knew what we were gonna do.

With one look, we were splattering paint everywhere.

It was all fun and games until I splashed paint on her while on the ladder, I ended up losing my balance and falling off the ladder, spraining my ankle.

She laughed at me.

When I teared up, she ran downstairs to get my parents. I ended up in the hospital for a day and she felt bad so she bought me an apology bracelet.

END OF FLASHBACK/ PRESENT:

I suddenly knew just what I was gonna do to make it up to her...

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long wait, I'm getting ready for school and trying to get my life together. I will try to update every Saturday or Sunday but don't take my word for that. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Please vote, comment, and follow me!

Until Later,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔 ❤️

Jen and Jamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें