Chapter 26

Jen's POV:

Ok...

That definitely didn't go as planned. 

I'm starting to see a repeating pattern when it comes to James and I.

It's like we're all buddy buddy one moment and then the next we're fighting, and then the next we're kissing... 

This is all too confusing if I'm being honest.

I bought up our relationship because I'm tired of waiting for him to make a move but it seems like I just can't win. 

I wanna give him what he wants and care for him like a best friend and a girlfriend but he's making it so difficult for me to do so. 

Not that he's asked me out yet, as you can see, but that's not the point.

I think I'm gonna give up. 

The best way to do that is by distancing myself from him. 

After our small but multiple arguments, I think we need some time apart. 

Also, I heard the whole conversation about Kayla's party and of course, I'm going. I'd be insane if I didn't go to the richest person in our school's, party.

Kayla is literally stacked for life.

Her parents own some multimillionaire company that built the software for a computer or something like that. 

Although she's rich, she doesn't show or brag about it. That way, she's liked by everyone in the school.

Getting back on topic though, it's time for me to go home.

 While I was lost in my thoughts, my doctor entered the room and gave me my release papers along with the migraine pills that I'm never gonna take. 

I texted Corey to come and get me. He may be James's older brother but it's like he's also mine, we're so close.

After I told him my situation, he said he was on his way but first he was gonna beat up James. I have nothing against that...

I slowly get ready, trying not to think about everything that's been going on since the end of Summer and the beginning of the school year. So much has happened and we've just gotten started. 

I'm honestly super stressed out about it.

I'm just gonna have to focus on myself first and figure shit out from there.

In about 30 minutes, Corey is here. 

My parents somehow handled all the paperwork over the phone and now I'm free. I'm so relieved to be finally going home and sleep in my own bed.

Walking out the hospital doors, I search for Corey's car. The only car I saw was a blue Jeep that just happened to belong to James.

Me, wanting time apart, I ignored it and just waited for Corey to pull up. The thing is, he never did. I called him multiple times without any answer and I now had no choice but to go towards the blue Jeep. 

I really wanna go home...

I stop walking. 

Not to anyone's surprise, James is sitting in the car with his shades on. There's a pack of gummy bears in the middle console. 

The music is blasting and the car is making a loud awkward noise, letting me know that the heat is on.

My only question is, why is he still here?

Before I find the answer, there's one more thing I wanna mention. 

The thing is, after today, James and I will need a real break from each other and I really don't want to take those steps but I know that it's only right. 

I need to re-evaluate everything that's happened in the past few weeks and go from there. 

Everything is moving too fast and it's time to slow it down... just after this...

I begin to slowly move towards the car once again.

Here goes nothing...

Hey y'all,

I really hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! I always follow back!

Until Later,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔❤️