Chapter 9

Jen's POV

It's around lunchtime now and I'm starving. 

Usually Bear and I go to Wendy's or Chick-fil-A but recently, James has been taken away from me by that bitch Peyton. 

I want to hurt her so badly on a daily but I can't be she's "with" James.

Everyone knows she's a slut that can't do anything better than getting with every guy in and out of school but I know that James isn't like that. 

He might be a "badass", sleep with girls to keep his reputation, get into fights, and get detention every other day but he will NEVER sleep with just anybody.

 He has some standards.

 How do I know this you may ask, we swore to Bears golden turtle to tell each other everything.

In second grade, Bear got his first pet, a turtle.

 A week later, it was show and tell at school and he painted its shell gold with paint that he thought was safe for the small animal, the night before. 

Turns out that the next day when he brought it in, it was dead and nobody could tell except our teacher, Mrs. Grey, and I. 

From then on, we had sworn to the golden turtle to tell each other everything. Kinda like how people swear on deceased people's graves...

It even got to the point where he told me he had a crush on me, the summer of third grade.

I told him we can like each other one day when we're older and from that day on, he let it go.

I wish I had let it go that day too...

 My crush on him has only gotten stronger as the years went by.

Although he is a player, I don't hate it too much because it constantly reminds me that we can never be in a relationship and there's a chance he could break my heart. 

Maybe one day, I can find someone who loves me as much as I love James but I think I might die alone because it's low key impossible.

This is unfair. 

We usually always have time for each other and I kinda feel left out. 

Maybe if I go interrupt their little "date" that James snuck off to,  then I could get some bestie time but I don't know...

If James doesn't want me, then I will drown my sorrows in Wendy's.

As I was walking towards Wendy's in the food court, I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice the guy in front of me. 

I shut my eyes, waiting for my body to touch the ground but it didn't. 

Instead, when I opened my eyes, an attractive guy was holding me by my waist, his face mere inches from mine. 

He slowly lifted me on my feet and his pretty eyes never left mine. Before I could thank him, he spoke first.

"Hey, I'm Alex. You're Jennifer right?"

"Yea, but everyone calls me Jen. How do you know my name?" I curiously tilted my head. 

"Well, you are the infamous Jen, James's bestie." 

He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I didn't know everyone knew that" 

"Yea, you guys are attached by the hip, where is he now? He asks, looking around.

"Hanging with his new slut for the week, why?"

"So you're alone?"

"Stalker-ish much"

"No, I don't mean it like that, I just wanted to know if you're free to get some food right now? I was thinking about Wendy's..."

"Sure, I was just headed there, come on."

I lead the five-minute walk to Wendy's, casually making small talk until.

Hey Guys, 

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Please vote, comment and follow me! I'll follow ya back!

Until Later,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔 ❤️