Chapter Thirty Nine; First Concert

ابدأ من البداية

"Yes, I'm here." I said.

"Okay, it looks like it's actually for two positions. The one you applied for originally and a mentoring program." She told me.

"Okay, what exactly is the mentoring program?" I asked.

"We assign you to Elementary, Middle, or High schools and you go in and just talk to children who might not have great homelives but not enough to be removed." She explained.

"Alright, thank you. You said the interview was next Thursday at eleven a.m., correct?" I asked just to double check.

"Yes ma'am. We look forward to seeing you." She said.

"I look forward to seeing you as well. Have a great evening." I said.

"Thank you. You too." She said.

Once I hung up the phone I turned around and Brantley was still standing there, looking slightly confused. 

I jumped up wrapping myself around him and he planted his hands firmly on my butt holding me up, "What're ya so excited about?" Brantley asked.

"I got an interview with social services next Thursday." I said still smiling.

"I didn't know you applied." He said.

I nodded, "Yupp, I applied before I moved and was gonna wait until I knew if I got the job or not, but I was ready to come home. I'm either going to work with kids with mental health problems or I'm going to be a mentor." I said.

"Wow, Angel, that's awesome. You've always talked about working with kids." Brantley said and smiled.

"I know. I love working with kids. I don't know what it is, but I love it." I said.

"You're great with kids. They're attractied to you like a maganet." Brantley said.

I shrugged, "I can't help it. You can put me down now, you know?" I said with a smirk.

"Maybe I don't want too." Brantley said and squeezed my butt.

"Brantley Keith Gilbert, put me down." I said smacking his chest. 

Brantley chuckled and put me down, "Not my fault you have an ass worth grabbing." 

I shook my head, "Men." I said and walked back onto the bus.

"Men better not be grabbing your ass. Only I can do that." Brantley said and of course the bus would be silent when he said that.

"Y'all out there grabbin ass, huh?" Kolby said raising an eyebrow and everyone else laughed.

I shook my head, "Your brother grabbed my butt and I made him put me down." I said.

"Okay, TMI." Kolby said holding his hands up. Everyone laughed again.

I sighed and sat in the chair Brantley had been sitting in and he sat on me, "You're gonna crush me." I said hitting Brantley's back.

"Did you just call me fat?" Brantley asked.

"No, you're just bigger than me." I said.

"You called me fat." Brantley said leaning back and crushing me even more.

"Sarah! Get him." I said still hitting his back.

"Sorry, Carter. You're in this alone." Sarah said.

"Kolby, get you're brother off me." I said.

"Come on B, don't crush her. I like having her around." Kolby said.

Brantley sat up but didn't get off my lap, "I won't completely crush her. I like havin her around too." Brantley said.

I smiled and slipped my hand under Brantley's shirt and scratched his back, truthfully he wasn't actually crushing me I just didn't want him to sit on me. We sat and talked for about another hour or so. Brantley and I had switched places only he didn't scratch my back he would just randomly poke my butt from time to time and I'd hit him and we both laughed. I swear I love this guy with all my heart, how I survived just being his friend for so long I'll never understand.