thirty-six

"You didn't tell him about it?!", Jisoo screeched and Taehyung had to turn his head so his ears wouldn't start bleeding by the loud noise. "No I didn't, Noona now please calm down. Everything's fine, Tannie is fine, I'm fine and even my groceries are fine!", Taehyung explained while opening his apartment door.

It was early in the morning, his first date was in the afternoon so after bringing Yeonjun to school, he had a bit of time for himself. After this horrible event from two days, Taehyung has been too much of a coward to meet up with Jungkook again, too afraid to face his lover. He didn't want to believe that this accident was related to Jungkook.

So he closed his eyes, a dumb decision but he wanted to love Jungkook, not fear him.

"I won't calm down! Why didn't you go to the police, Tae, you were threatened! Or tell Jungkook, he's good in such things", Jisoo's furious voice sounded from the other line and the little photographer sighed, walking into his apartment and getting rid of his jacket. "Jisoo, I told you that it's fine. Besides, I didn't even clearly saw the man's face so how can I tell the police about it? I'm just trying to forget it and continue on with life. I have to take care of Junnie", Taehyung said, far more sterner than he had first intended it to.

There was a moment of silence on the other line before Jisoo spoke up again. "Tae, I'm only worried for you. What you told me doesn't sound like a coincidence... after becoming Jeon's boyfriend you get attacked like this? This can't be possible. You might keep the relationship a secret for now but that guy is a mob boss. He's feared in Seoul, he's a criminal! And I don't want you to get hurt. Especially not by such a guy", Jisoo said.

Taehyung smiled softly. After all this time, Jisoo was still behaving like his elder sister. "I appreciate your concern but I'm doing fine. Really. I will talk to him but not now. I just want to shove down ice cream into my tummy and enjoy the time while my little troublemaker is at school. Okay?", the brunet finished and he could practically hear Jisoo's frown on the other side of the line.

"Okay... take care, TaeTae, yeah?", Jisoo then said defeated and Taehyung smiled secretly. "I love you, Tae", Jisoo whispered. "I know and I love you too Noona. Please don't worry and focus on your schedule", Taehyung said softly and after making sure she bid her goodbyes, he hung up.

Releasing a deep breath, Taehyung fell down onto the couch, not in the mood to do anything right now but his phone of course had other plans. Checking the caller ID, he saw it was Jimin, thankfully not Jungkook so he accepted the call, putting on a cheerful voice.

"Hey Jimin-ah, what can I do for you?"

"So you were avoiding me."

This voice, this deep husky voice which brought shivers down Taehyung's spine also made him sit up now. Taehyung's heartbeat fastened and he was loss on words. His whole being ached for Jungkook, he couldn't stop thinking about him but stayed away because he was confused and scared.

Yes, Taehyung was afraid. He didn't regret falling for Jungkook, not one single second but his fear of Jungkook's job has bubbled up again, the accident showing him that Jungkook in fact was a dangerous man and was a criminal, even though he wasn't showing that to Taehyung. But Taehyung in the first position was a father and he'll forever be worried for Yeonjun's safety.

And that attack showed him that there was a thread to his son's safety.

"I wasn't avoiding you", Taehyung whispered out, voice cracking in the end because god, he missed Jungkook, so much. He felt like he was stupid, too anxious, too unsure and he felt horrible to shut him out like this. But Taehyung has always been afraid to get hurt.

"You were! And I can't stand this, so please, for the sake of us, talk to me, Taehyung. Please talk to me and tell me what I did so I can fix it", Jungkook said heatedly and Taehyung flinched. He was almost whimpering but quickly composed himself. "You did nothing, please don't think that. Nothing is wrong with us, but I... need time to think."

"Think about what? Tae! Please don't leave me", Jungkook's voice suddenly sounded desperate which surprised Taehyung, didn't know the distance has been hurting Jungkook so much, the man has always been so controlled over his emotions. "I will never leave you, Jungkookie."

"Then why are you avoiding me? You are, ignoring my calls and not replying to my texts. If you continue like this, I have to assume it's because you don't want me anymore. And I hate that, cub, I really do", Jungkook growled out at the end, the nickname sending shivers down Taehyung's spine. "Jungkook", he whimpered out.

"Why don't you open the door, hm? I'm sick of you avoiding me. I want to see the pretty face of my boyfriend", and because Taehyung was weak for Jungkook, he forgot his fear and moved to the door, not really minding that Jungkook once again has came to his apartment without an invitation, the possessive mob boss didn't want to be away from his beautiful cub.

"And then, we have a little talk, cub."

Taehyung really couldn't avoid Jungkook like this he found out when he saw the hot raven standing on his doorstep, Jimin's phone in his hand and a stern cold expression on his face.

"So tell me, cub, is it about that bastard of a man who attacked you?"

Taehyung gulped. Fuck. He knew.

~

Of course he know TaeTae, he's Jeon

Ela_koo