Chapter VIII

Hey! Sorry I haven't written in a few days, but I have been trying to finish my Edward Cullen Story and I finally finished it!!!! It feels like in was on that one forever! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Evelyn woke, not recognizing her surroundings. There was a tent ceiling above her, and she was lying on a bed. Glancing to her side she saw both Lady and Zinzi sleeping beside her, content looks on their faces. She knew from experience that they would never sleep peacefully, or sleep at all if something was up.

She turned her head and saw that Robb was sitting in the corner at his desk, dozing off in his chair. She smiled. He always worked so hard that he would wear himself out. Suddenly the tent moved as someone stepped in. Evelyn saw that it was a woman about her age with dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. She was rather pretty and carried a tray of food which she placed on the desk in front of Robb.

"You need to eat," she told him gently. "You'll wear yourself out."
Robb lifted his head and ran his fingers through his curls, "I will when Evelyn does."
The woman turned to look at where Evelyn lay, and her eyes widened when she saw Evelyn silently watching them. Evelyn smiled at the girl and the girl smiled back.

The woman quietly walked over to Evelyn and knelt down beside them bed to feel her head, "You have cooled down. You had a slight fever but nothing to worry about."
Evelyn smiled and nodded, "Thank you."
At the sound of Evelyn's voice, Robb's head snapped up and he was over at his sister's side in an instant, "Why didn't you say you were awake?"
"Because I wanted to revel in the silence for a while," Evelyn teased.

The woman chuckled at this which earned an exasperated look from Robb, "Don't take her side Talisa!"
The woman, Talisa, just smiled and turned to Evelyn, "It is a pleasure to finally meet you Lady Evelyn. Your brother talks about you all the time."
Evelyn smiled at Talisa, "Just Evelyn is fine. I hope that everything my brother has told you has also included his childhood fears."
"Evelyn!" Robb scolded. "You are not in the condition to be telling embarrassing stories!"
"Oh I am in the condition to do just that Robb Stark!" Evelyn smirked. "Any normal child would be afraid of the dark or heights, but you were more afraid of a frog that had found its way from Rickon's room into your bed!"

Talisa quickly covered her mouth to stifle a laugh while Robb covered his face in embarrassment.

"And I was happy about seeing you the other day!" Robb huffed.

Evelyn smiled but then it faded, "The other day? How long have I been out?"
"Two straight days," Talisa replied. "You were greatly deprived of sleep."
"Didn't mother teach you to get your sleep?" Robb asked, playfully placing his hands on his hips.

Evelyn nodded, "Of course she did but she never said that lack of sleep when one is running for their life was a bad thing."
Robb's face softened before he sat down on the edge of the bed and took Evelyn's hand, "You do realize that now that you are here, mother is not going to allow you to leave."
Evelyn shrugged, "We could always not tell her I am here...."
"She already knows," Both Robb and Talisa said at once.

Almost by magic, the flap of the tent opened and Catelyn Stark burst in. She took in Talisa and Robb sitting on the bed next to Evelyn who was now awake and flew across the room.

"I am so glad you are here sweetheart," Catelyn cooed, hugging Evelyn.

The girl smiled, hugging her mom back. "I glad to be here."
Catelyn pulled away and sat down on the edge of the bed, forcing Robb and Talisa to step back to give her room. "We will get Arya and Sansa back as soon as Brienne arrives at Kings Landing. Then you will never have to see any Lannister's again."
Evelyn raised her eyebrows in amusement, "You do realize that I'm married to a Lannister, thus making me one."

Catelyn frowned and Evelyn had a faint fear that this wasn't going to be good, "Not for long. I am having your marriage annulled."
Evelyn sat up, ignoring Robb who tried to keep her from sitting up, "No you will not!"
Her voice brought Zinzi and Lady out of their sleep and seeing their owner upset, perked their ears and prepared themselves to defend her.

"Evelyn," Catelyn cooed. "You are young, and I know you want to remain loyal to your husband and loyal to your vows, but it was an arranged marriage."
"You and father's marriage was arranged!" Evelyn and Robb both said at the same time, causing Talisa to smile at the twins' harmony.

"Well this is a war," Catelyn replied, starting to realize that Evelyn wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Evelyn frowned, "When father went off to war you still loved him!"
Catelyn was about to point out that when he did, he returned with an illegitimate son, but she knew Evelyn's loyalty to Jon, so she didn't dare bring it up.

"He is our enemy Evelyn," Catelyn replied, trying to remain calm.

"Well I guess that makes me your enemy too!" Evelyn yelled.

Catelyn froze. She wasn't expecting that out of Evelyn but now that she took in the fury in her daughter's face, the blue fire in her amber eyes and the way she pursed her lips tightly, she feared the worst.

"Before you even say it," Catelyn warned.

However, Evelyn had already lifted one hand to be about level with her hip and the two wolves had acted. Zinzi had stood up on the bed, planting herself between Catelyn and Evelyn, baring her teeth and bristling while Lady slipped around Evelyn's back and slipped her body underneath Evelyn's arm before sitting up and growling deep in her throat.

Robb stared in shock at the wolves' understanding of Evelyn's feelings and how protective they were. Greywind was protective of him but for both wolves to be protective of her and to such an extent that they even bristled at Catelyn, Robb had to admit that Evelyn's connection with Zinzi and Lady was much stronger than anything he had ever seen.

Robb was just about to voice his surprise when Catelyn realized what Robb had forgotten.

"Why are they...." The woman started when suddenly her face paled and she looked at her daughter. "Don't tell me you...."
"Oh," Robb snorted, slapping himself, "Forgot about that. That would definitely explain their behavio.... why is everyone staring at me?"
True enough, the three women had turned to look at Robb. Catelyn looked ready to tan his hide, Talisa was utterly confused, and Evelyn was giving her brother a look as if to say, 'now is not the time'.

While Catelyn was distracted by Robb, Evelyn slipped out of bed, closely flanked by Zinzi and Lady. Talisa jumped up and handed the girl a cloak so she would not get cold in the dress she wore which was a simple black one that Talisa had leant Robb for Evelyn.

"You said you would eat when I did Robb," the girl replied, smiling.

Robb smiled back and quickly grabbed his sword and whistled Greywind out of a dead sleep before following his sister and Talisa to the exit. Evelyn paused at the door before turning to her mother.

"I will only be here for about five months until the baby is born. After that I must move on, for the baby, my and Jaime's sake."
Evelyn ignored how her mother bristled at Evelyn's use of Jaime's first name and exited the tent. Her mother needed to understand that this was a war and they had to take precautions, but that didn't mean that love couldn't be the main reason.