Chapter 13

It was the morning of the wedding. Evelyn stood in the middle of her room, having been instructed... more like commanded to not move by her mother while she, Sansa and their handmaidens got the girl ready. Evelyn didn't quite understand why she couldn't put the dress on by herself, but Catelyn Stark was persistent.

When Evelyn had woken up after falling asleep on Jaime, she had been given a much-needed meal which she readily ate. It seemed like her appetite had returned with a good 24 hours of sleep. After that the girl regained the weight, she had drastically lost over the course of four days and was now back to her usual self.... Well for the most part. Bran was still asleep, but the drug had faded and there was no sign of him collapsing which brought hope to the Stark family who felt that he might yet survive.... As for him waking, they were not sure.

Sansa helped Evelyn step carefully into the skirt of her gown before pulling the rest up and setting to buttoning the back.

"Is it supposed to be this tight?" Evelyn asked, "and uncomfortable?"
Catelyn smiled, "Most wedding gowns aren't the most comfortable child. You won't be wearing it again after this anyway."
"Seems like a waste," Evelyn huffed, "I wish it had been agreed upon to have a Winterfell wedding."

"Then you wouldn't be wearing this lovely thing!" Sansa squealed.

Evelyn sighed, "It's freezing outside Sansa."
"You'll be inside for the ceremony dear," Catelyn pointed out, pushing her daughter to sit so she could start on her hair.

Evelyn was silent for the rest of the time, deciding there was no time to go back and convince the royal family to let them have just a simple Winterfell wedding

Evelyn was silent for the rest of the time, deciding there was no time to go back and convince the royal family to let them have just a simple Winterfell wedding. Of course, it would be extravagant in the eyes of Winterfell but to the royal family, it was already seen as a simple wedding.

When Catelyn finished Evelyn's , she drew her up and looked her up and down. Sansa was on the verge of tears while Catelyn smiled.

"You look lovely dear."
Evelyn forced herself to smile warmly at her mother before hugging her.

When Evelyn stepped into the hallway where the rest of the Stark family waited, Evelyn felt her heart stop. Her father was dressed in a dark blue tunic while Robb wore a maroon one. Sansa and Arya were wearing matching dresses, but Sansa wore a dark green dress while Arya's was dark red, much to the little girl's chagrin but she didn't mind when Robb pointed out that it was for Evelyn.

Rickon looked very smart in a dark grey tunic with his hair brushed to a tame. Catelyn was wearing a dark blue dress to match Ned and Jon wore a dark green tunic. When Evelyn had insisted that Catelyn be civil with Jon that day, she was overjoyed when Catelyn agreed to fix up one of Robb's outfits for Jon.

"You look beautiful Evie!" Rickon cried, rushing over to hug his sister.

Sansa and Catelyn were about to tell him to not mess up Evelyn's dress, but Evelyn gave them a pointed look and bent down to hug her brother.