Chapter 19

Evelyn fiddled her fingers. They were in trouble. Pretty serious trouble too if it brought the physician, Cersei, Tyrion and Tywin. Jaime was sitting on the bed, his back on the pillows looking perfectly calm and cocky, though partially annoyed that everyone was in the room. Evelyn had been woken out of her slumber by the chamber maid who had come in and had seen that Jaime had bled through the sheet.

The two had then realized that Jaime's back wound had reopened but luckily not too bad but still Evelyn called the physician who told Tywin on his way over who summoned Tyrion and Cersei to come and see what their brother had done this time.

"It's not too bad," the physician said. "Just tore about five of the ten stitches. Still, unless you want to permanently have a healing wound, I would advise no activity of any sort for at least five days."

Jaime nodded, glad that the inspection was over.

"What on earth were you doing that tore five stitches?" Cersei insisted, placing her hands on her hips.

Jaime didn't answer but looked over at Evelyn who's face had gone bright red and was shuffling her feet nervously, fiddling her fingers. This brought a cocky smirk onto Jaime's face, but this seemed to cause a few reactions.

The physician's eyes widened before he smiled knowingly. Cersei looked ready to murder Jaime if he didn't wipe the smirk off his face and Tyrion looked like a pleased hyena, grinning from ear to ear and wiggling his eyebrows at his brother. Tywin had a placid look on his face, but he nodded, and Evelyn had the feeling that he was pleased with this new development.

"Well," the physician said, breaking the silence. "No moving for five days."
"Thank you doctor," Evelyn said, breaking out of her embarrassed state.

As the physician left, Tywin ushered Cersei out, knowing that if he didn't, she might commit murder on either her brother or her sister in law. Tyrion followed closely but not before shooting the two a smirk. As Tyrion closed the door, he paused when he heard Jaime's voice on the other side of the door.

"Well that was amusing."
"You got us in trouble!" Evelyn retorted, her footsteps sounding as she walked across the room to the bed.

"I'm responsible?" Jaime asked. "You're the one who looked so cute that I couldn't help myself."
Jaime let out a groan and Tyrion knew that Evelyn probably socked him in the arm, "You were the one who didn't listen and moved!"
"You have to move in such situations!" Jaime pointed out; sarcasm evident in his voice. "Anyone knows that."
"So that makes me not anyone?" Evelyn asked in a teasing tone.

"No, you're cute," Jaime replied.

Evelyn chuckled until Tyrion could hear her gasp, "Jaime!"
"Want to try it again?"

"How thick are you? You heard the doctor!" Evelyn cried.

Jaime laughed, "We could just avoid telling him."
"You'll bleed to death," Evelyn replied, her voice calm and straight to the point.

"Eh," Jaime whined, "I'll die of a broken heart in a few days if you stay over there."
"It's for your own protection that I stand over here."
"Where will you sleep?" Jaime asked.

"I'll sleep standing if I have to!" Evelyn replied.

"You're mean," the man remarked, Tyrion imagining that he was pouting.

There was silence during which Evelyn walked back across the room and sat down on the bed.

"Can I hold you?" Jaime asked.

"Only if you promise that is all you will do," Evelyn replied in a firm tone.

There was another silence before Jaime spoke again.