Chapter Ten

Sorry if this one is short:)

Jaime smiled as he watched Tommen playing with Lillia in the gardens. Lillia was trying to teach Tommen a game she had learnt from the Tyrells involving a small ball and a stick, but every time Tommen went to hit it, he missed and the two would end up in giggles as Lillia tried to fix his aim.

Since his return to Kings Landing, he had greatly enjoyed Lillia's company, reminding him of Myrcella and could honestly see himself loving the girl as a brother or father figure. She would entertain Tommen at the dinner or breakfast table, distracting the boy from the rude comments made by Joffrey to his little brother or the arguments ensuing around Cersei and Tywin. In her free time, she would join Jaime and watch him learn to sword fight again but with his left hand and would even spar with him, the whole while telling him stories about her time with Evelyn and he would share his own.

Jaime began to lean toward Lillia's company as like the last thread of connection he has with Evelyn. He couldn't talk about her with Cersei because that always ended in hell and whenever he tried to talk with Tyrion, he got the strange feeling that his little brother was hiding something. When he dreamt, he was haunted by visions of Evelyn but none of them actually showed her... only her eyes... her lips... her fingers brushing through the soft fur of Zinzi and Lady. It was like, he was seeing her through the eyes of someone else... as if... he was seeing through her eyes. He could see rows upon rows of trees, never once could he see any kind of landmark or building that gave any inclination of where she was. It always seemed like Evelyn was walking... never stopping except once or twice to mess with something on her back... like a bag... maybe Arya? Had she found Arya?

Jaime pushed away from the pillar he was leaning against, about to head indoors when he froze, his head suddenly feeling like it was on fire as he crumbled to a nearby chair, clutching his head in his hands. It felt like his skin was on fire... but... not necessarily in a bad way... like a warmth was enveloping him on all sides like a fire surrounding him. He slowly lifted his eyes, looking around as if expecting to find flames around him but... he was in darkness... pitch darkness and the earth below him felt hard and cold... like stone... no.... not just stone... wet stone like that of a cave.

His eyes widened and his body froze when he saw the reflection of himself in the huge golden eyes of a dragon. Jaime wanted to stumble back in fear and cower in a corner, but the dragon looked at him square in the eyes, a calm looks on its face as if studying Jaime. It was then that Jaime realized that the dragon wasn't more than two feet tall with a slender head and neck, quizzical, rather small eyes and an almost smiling face that gave the dragon an almost cute look.

"What..." Jaime began but then the dragon slowly rose from its seated position on its haunches and slowly approached him until Jaime was looking down at the small dragon.

Slowly the reptile sat up on its back haunches and rose as high as it could so that its head was level with Jaime's eyes, and it tilted its head curiously at Jaime. Instinctively, Jaime reached out to touch the thing and was shocked when the creature did not shy away but instead let Jaime touch its head and leant into the warmth of his hand. Slowly the creature peered at him with its eyes and instead of seeing his own reflection in the pure molten gold of its eyes, Jaime saw what appeared to be something of metal... like a design... a pattern... a plan.

"What is this?" he whispered.

Before he could even think to get an answer, the darkness swallowed him up and the dragon disappeared. Jaime snapped his eyes open to find Tyrion leaning over him with a worried look on his face.

"Brother?" Tyrion inquired. "You alright? You were rolling around on the ground with your eyes closed."

Jaime sat up violently before stumbling to his feet. His eyes traveled back to the garden to where Lillia and Tommen were still playing.

"Yeah.... I'm fine... I just got an idea."