Chapter 4

Evelyn stared at herself in the rugged mirror. In Winterfell there were no perfect mirrors but rather clusters of glass that made one look oblong like looking at your reflection in a pot. She had no idea why but her whole family had rebelled against her in deciding what to wear. The moment Sansa suggested her blue gown, that had just recently been made for her for special occasions, Arya agreed that she must wear it. Evelyn had sought out Robb and Jon for backup but even though both considered the fact that it would draw male eyes, they backed Arya and Sansa up. Even Bran and Rickon practically teared up, pleading with their sister for both adored the very dirt Evelyn walked on and loved it when she looked her best.

Her mother had immediately agreed to the outfit and even gave the girl her silver feather earings which matched the color.

Evelyn knew her father would back her up when he realized the cut of the dress but when Ned Stark found himself facing off 99% of his family including Jon, he backed out. Trust the warrior to be the coward when it came to a family dual!

Now, Evelyn stood before the mirror in a long blue gown that reached the top of her shoes. Her arms, neck and most of her collar bone and part of her back was bare. Shivering, she wrapped her cloak around her shoulders. She was hoping to keep it on as ong as possible. Her jet black hair was pulled up into a mostly up loose messy bun at the back of her head, two locks curling in front of her ears, framing her fair white face.

The silver earrings accented the gold of her eyes and the darkness of her hair.

"It could be worse," she said aloud, "At least Sansa didn't have me wear makeup!"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear for Sansa appeared just then, a familiar box in her hands.... Her makeup box!

Evelyn at once regretted telling Sansa two years ago that makeup was made of different plants, dyes and earthly materials. Sansa had almost held a knife to Evelyn's back, forcing her to make homemade makeup. Now, once a month Sansa made a visit to the girl's stall to order more makeup.

"Sansa..." Evelyn started but Sansa cut her off.

"Uh uh," Sansa said, "You will let me doll you up tonight!"

As Sansa set to work preparing Evelyn, the older Stark noticed Sansa ha golden makeup on herself.

"Already wearing the Lannister colors huh?" she teased.

Sansa blushed as she applied an eyeshadow to Evelyn's eyes, "Well I cannot stop Joffrey from looking at me."

"You're looking at him too," Evelyn observed, crossing her arms.

Sansa smirked as she opened the lipstick, "You're one to talk!"

"I don't have my eyes on anyone," Evelyn retorted.

Sansa smiled, "I didn't mean that. I mean someone has his eyes on you"

"Who? Theon?" Evelyn snorted, hoping to call Sansa's bluff.