Chapter Three

Hey all! I'm back! Thank you so much for being so patient with me! Just FYI, this chapter features characters from my three other GOT fan fictions: Mayaka Tyrell, Nanteza Sand and Lillia Arryn. Their stories are below if you are interested:) I just started on the other three joint stories so they are not as far along as this one:)

ENJOY!

Mayaka Tyrell - Burning Water//Oberyn Martell

Nanteza Sand - Tracks in the Snow // Jon Snow

Lillia Arryn - Knight of the Forest // Loras Tyrell

It was a different day when Evelyn woke. It was different not because of what she was going to do with her day, but rather it was just a day made to be different in every aspect.

There were no birds singing to welcome Evelyn to the day. The sun was barely up but Zinzi and Lady had been awake already for a while. The sky was overcast, clouded and dreary but no rain fell. There was not a breath of air traveling through the forest that morning.

It was like the world was dead or just hanging in the stalemate before the clap of thunder that would announce the arrival of a storm. Evelyn rose to her feet and gathering her bow into her hands, she selected a single arrow from the quiver which she slipped into her belt.

"Stay away from the water," Evelyn instructed Zinzi, "Get to lower ground, far from trees and the wind. Try to find cover."
The direwolf let out a whimper as if showing she understood before Evelyn turned and strode out of the camp.

Instead of just walking about a furlong, this particular morning Evelyn continued to walk up the high, partially steep incline that they had avoided the day before. Upon reaching the top, Evelyn found the trees quite thick but the tallest of them was about three feet, coming to Evelyn's waist. These short saplings covered a good twenty-foot diameter clearing.

Evelyn knelt down and felt the leaves of the sapling closest to her. "This will do."
Just then, something about the saplings closest to her caught her attention and she examined the leaves, "Oak." She muttered. "The representative of earth."
Standing up, she walked further into the cluster before she noticed that the saplings were different there.... even though she could have sworn they were all oak just a second ago.

She noticed right away that the trees grew in a circle and there were four different tree types, separated into four quarter circle shaped sections.

"The Pinnacle of Nature," Evelyn whispered. "Just like Tyrion said that day..."

FLASHBACK

"Wait Maya," Lillia whispered. "Are you sure we're allowed in here!?"
Mayaka Tyrell smiled over her shoulder at Evelyn's cousin, Lillia Arryn before opening the door of the library just a smidge before poking her head inside. After a moment, she retracted her head.

"No one is inside." The auburn-haired girl assured Evelyn and Lillia, "Besides, no one uses the library anyway."
"But your brother," Lillia muttered. "Said that your father didn't like anyone entering."
Evelyn took no notice of Lillia's comment. Her cousin had been living with the Tyrell's as Maya's companion for about a year now since Lillia's rambunctious energy was too much for Evelyn's aunt to handle. However, Maya smirked knowingly at Lillia.

"Which of my brothers? Loras?" the girl teased.

Lillia turned so bright pink that her blond hair looked almost white in comparison. "NO!" She cried, quite flustered. "Garlan did!"
Maya smirked while Evelyn looked between the girls, completely perplexed. While Maya kept giving Lillia knowing looks and the blond kept blushing each time, Evelyn approached the door of the library and peered inside.