Chapter 2

"Evelyn!" Sansa cried, "You have to get your hair done!"
Evelyn looked up from where she was playing with Zinzi on her bed. Sansa had burst into the bedroom, brush in hand after seeing the state her older sister was in. Evelyn's long black hair was pulled up into a loose bun that rested on the back of her head with a few long wisps of black hair flitting about her pale face.

"It is done," Evelyn objected.

Sansa shook her head, "Nonsense! The king is coming here to Winterfell! You have to look your best!"

Evelyn chuckled, "Honestly! It's fine! I'll let you do something to my hair for the banquet tonight."

"Fine," Sansa sighed, "At least change out of that dress."
Evelyn considered the brown everyday dress she was wearing and humphed to herself. At least Sansa wasn't asking her to change her gender!

Getting up, the girl decided to change into a deep navy-blue dress that was both simple but not the dress she wore every day. She was just about to sit back down with Zinzi when there came a knock at the door.

"Eve? You in there?"

Evelyn skipped to the door and opened it to find her twin and Jon standing there, both grinning. Robb held out a fur cloak to his sister. It was dark navy blue except for the fur which was silver and complimented Evelyn's blue eyes. The girl took it and wrapped it around her shoulders, noting that Robb was also wearing his.

"Aren't you going to join us Jon?" Evelyn asked.

Jon shook his head, "I doubt mother would want that."

Evelyn groaned, "What if I want you there!?"
Jon chuckled at the girl's attempt at a pouty face but instead scooped her up in a bear hug, "Then I would love to come but you aren't lady Stark Eve."

"Yet," Evelyn pointed out, putting emphasis on the word.

"Right. Yet," Jon chuckled.

"Except for one thing sis," Robb pointed out. "You probably will never be Lady Stark because as a woman, you will get married and inherit your husband's last name."

Evelyn's eyes expanded which earned chuckles from her two brothers, "NO! Not that!"
"If you three are done babbling about," Sansa called from where she was trying to drag Rickon and Bran outside, "We need to go!"

Once outside, Evelyn positioned herself between Sansa and Robb. Honestly, she felt out of place there considering that she wasn't nearly as tall as Sansa and Robb and was at least two inches shorter than Sansa, making her feel like she should be next to Bran and Arya.

However, if she would have thought of that sooner than it would be great but at that moment the king and the whole royal family and their guards came riding through the gates.

Evelyn considered the rather stout king. She knew that she and Robb had met him as babes years ago but she didn't remember anything of him. She had to admit, she wasn't what she expected of a king.

As the large man dismounted from his horse who looked ready to deflate, the carriage door opened and out stepped Cersei and her two youngest children. Evelyn had already caught sight of Joffrey riding next to his father and had purposely not looked in his direction. He was pretty hard on the eyes not to mention he gave the girl the chills.

Robb jabbed his sister gently in the side to get her attention and Evelyn turned to see what he was referring to. Sansa was smiling adoringly at Joffrey who was smirking at her. 'Oh great!'

However, the girl was brought out of her thoughts when Robb jabbed her again, "Psst."

Evelyn looked over at her brother. Now was not the best time to be talking! The king was approaching! As their father and the king greeted each other in a rather peculiar way, Evelyn looked at her brother to see Robb nodding towards someone in the king's guard.