Four

Oberyn Martell sighed in exasperation as he followed the instructions written in neat handwriting on the letter that had mysterious found its way underneath the door of his bedroom which he had been occupying during his stay in Kings Landing. It had read:

Prince Oberyn,

I do not know how to say this in so few words and I doubt that if I told you who I actually was that you would believe what I am about to tell you so I will keep myself quiet as to my identity. If you wish to know more about the mysterious warrior who intervened in the trial by battle earlier this morning, and if you wish to discover who it is behind the mask, please meet myself and said mysterious warrior at the docks overlooking the ford. Be discreet and come alone for the mysterious warrior does not show her face to anyone that she does not wish to and should you bring someone with you or be followed, it will ruin the point of her hidden identity. I will meet you at the docks directly at midnight.

Sincerely, a mysterious admirer

The Dornish Prince was not one to pass up a good adventure and when a letter from a "mysterious admirer" found its way into his possession, he couldn't resist the urge to find out more. Not only that but he felt a need to thank the warrior who had intervened on his behalf. While at the time he had been a little perturbed and annoyed at the interruption, he now knew that if the girl had not done what she had done at the moment that she had, he would have been dead with his brain scattered across the ring and the Mountain reigning victorious. Even if he himself, the prince of Dorne, did not complete the trial by battle to the Mountain's yield, he was still able to strike the man a good few times with his spear which had been cleverly dipped in poison. It was just the revenge that he was hoping for Elia, to make the Mountain suffer slowly.

What really intrigued him was the reason that the mysterious girl had intervened. It was evident that she held no love for Cersei Lannister and had obviously intervened on the fight to vex the woman, but he couldn't help but wonder that there was something else lining the story... something deeper and more meaningful.

The man had chosen to be as inconspicuous as possible which meant that he did not wear a cloak or hood to mask himself for that was the very image of someone up to something suspicious. Besides, if someone happened to see the prince of Dorne walking around Kings Landing at night, they would either think he was out for a liaison or just being the strange Prince of Dorne that he was.

He had arrived early to said meeting with the mysterious warrior and mysterious admirer, hoping that perhaps his being there for a while would scare off any possible people who had followed him. He began to think that it had all be a hoax or a cruel prank to play on him when he sensed a presence behind him, and he slowly turned around. He was rather shocked, to say the least, when he found Maya Tyrell standing behind him with a long black cloak wrapped snugly around her and the hood resting against her neck where she had just placed it after removing it from her red hair.

"Lady Tyrell," he greeted, "I must say, when your letter was signed by a mysterious admirer, you were not who I was expecting."

Gradually the man's surprise turned into a pleased smirk and he could see the way it agitated the girl, "Finally admitting that you cannot help but fall for my charms?"

Maya rolled her eyes, "Would you have snuck out of the palace out to the docks alone if the letter had not been signed by a secret admirer?"

Oberyn paused for a moment. To be honest, he wouldn't have since the prospect of a secret admirer was intriguing and exciting. When he did not respond, Maya smiled.

"I rest my case," she hummed. "I trust you followed my instructions."

"I was not followed if that is what you are asking," the man replied. "I may have had difficulty opposing the Mountain but I am not a fool."