Chapter 37.

Chapter 37.

Yibo grabbed Zhan's hand and shook his head: "You're not going in there. No matter what happens. You are not going in there!"

"I will not Yibo. Try to stay calm." Zhan replied.

The Special Ops team has already been informed and is on its way. Outside the gate, the secret agents were waging a war against He Peng's men. And no one could tell what was going on inside the prison walls right now, as all the cameras were destroyed.

Zhan's heart was racing and he himself was struggling to control his panic. Actually, he was a good agent, one who knows his job. Who went forward boldly when he had to. But as for He Peng, all courage left him. Because he knew what He Peng was capable of.

Once he was able to kidnap Zhan and keep him captive for days. And his training as a federal agent hadn't helped him one bit. No matter how smart he was and what he learned, nothing helped when he sat locked up in that room waiting for someone to free him.

Zhan was glad that Yibo was at his side this time and he knew he could rely on Yibo, even if he himself was afraid. But in this moment it was probably a good thing that his husband was obsessed with him and wouldn't let anything or anyone stop him when it came to protecting Zhan.

Yibo looked angrily at the black monitors. Something suddenly occurred to him, something he had heard in a seminar only recently. "What about the microphones? The cameras may not be recording, but we should still be able to hear them."

The guard sitting at the table in front of the monitors looked at Yibo thoughtfully for a moment. Then he typed a series of numbers and letters into the system and in the next moment a babble of voices rang out through the speakers.

They could now clearly understand the occupants. They also learned that He Peng is now in his cell waiting for Zhan. Two men are standing in front of He Peng's cell, keeping watch.

"I told you not to touch the cameras. How can we let them know how serious we are?" Asked He Peng angrily. You could hear some clapping. Apparently He Peng hit someone.

When the special task force finally arrived, they first got an overview of the situation. Then the head of the Special Task Force (STF) explained how they would proceed. For him it was clear that negotiation was not an option.

"Thanks to the agents, the situation outside is now under control, but they must remain vigilant. We have no idea if there might be more men from He Peng. My men and I will work our way carefully to the tract where the inmates are currently located. We will use tear gas and then move in." Explained the head of the STF troop.

The STF stands for itself and neither the Federal Agency nor the police have anything to say about the operation. And Seo Joon also remained silent and agreed to the plans of the STF.

In the meantime Seo Joon had also talked to his superior, he was worried about his colleagues outside the prison walls. But his boss gave him the all-clear. All colleagues are unharmed and further officers of the police and the Federal Agency are already on their way.

Yibo and his four colleagues from the police station learned that apparently Zoey Meng got wind of the plans and passed on this information to a yet unknown person. Zoey Meng has been taken into custody for now.

Somehow, Yibo had already suspected her. She had already passed on information about him and Zhan. The question now was why did she do it? Does she also take bribes from He Peng? Or is there another reason?

The officers of the STF discussed their deployment one last time, who had to do what, and then they made their way to the prisoner block where the inmates had barricaded themselves.

The others continued to eavesdrop on the inmates and He Peng and gave any useful information to the STF officers by radio.

Apparently there is also a revolt among the inmates. Some want to kill the guards, others want to protect them. The seven guards should be in a cell at the moment and at least for the time being still safe.

"We are now entering the tract." One of the STF officers called it in. Soon after, you could hear the inmates wheezing. Maybe it was the tear gas.

Yibo was holding Zhan tight and cursing inside. "I'm going to kill that asshole." He muttered.

Shots could be heard over the loudspeakers. At the same time they listened to the announcements of the STF officers via radio.

They breathed a sigh of relief when one of the STF officers said, "The guards are safe!"

Minutes went by, silence over the loudspeakers and the radio. Now and then, sounds of a fight could be heard. Two shots in quick succession and whimpering, from whomever.

"The situation is secure" the STF officer and the leader of the troops spoke into his headset. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "We're bringing you He Peng now." He added.

It took another almost ten minutes before they arrived at the surveillance room with He Peng. Yibo got stiffed when he saw He Peng. He laughed like a madman.

He Peng's eyes were swollen and watery from the tear gas. He also has a bullet wound on his left upper arm. Yibo immediately noticed that the STF officers did not handcuff him and cursed about this carelessness.

When He Peng's gaze cleared and his eyes stopped watering, he saw Zhan. He smiled and immediately wanted to go to Zhan. He defended himself violently against the grip of the two STF officers.

They pushed He Peng to the ground until he gave in and was calm. They let him get up again when he calmed down. But they still had failed to handcuff him.

He Peng smiled at Zhan. "Baby, we can be together soon." He said and turned to one of the STF officers. He looked at him questioningly. Suddenly a shot was fired. The STF officer looked scared at He Peng and then at his gun holster. The gun was missing.

The officer went down, blood dripping from a wound on his side. He Peng shot the officer in the head. Zhan screamed that he should finally stop and give up. But He Peng just shook his head.

" Dear, I promised you I'll escape with you. And I won't give up. As long as I'm still breathing I won't give up." He said, holding the gun to the other STF officer's temple.

Yibo finally had enough of him. Unseen by He Peng, he threw a pen in the passage behind He Peng. He turned to the sound and tried to find out who was making the noise.

And Yibo took advantage of this little inattention, this little moment. He pulled out his gun and fired two shots in quick succession. The first shot hit He Peng's hand where he was holding the gun. The second shot hit him right in the forehead.

He Peng fell to the ground. Zhan stared at Yibo who was still holding the gun as if he was just waiting for He Peng to get up at any moment.

Carefully, Zhan put his hand on Yibo's hands. "Honey, put the gun down. It's over. You've finished him. Look at me honey." Whispered Zhan. Yibo slowly lowered his arms and put the weapon on the table beside him.

Yibo looked at Zhan and apparently his shock dissolved at that moment, he controlled Zhan to make sure he was unharmed. And when he was sure his husband was okay, he took him in his arms.

None of the others noticed it, but Zhan did. Yibo cried with relief. All the tension and worry finally left him. Finally, the danger was over, now He Peng would never be able to hurt anyone again.

 Finally, the danger was over, now He Peng would never be able to hurt anyone again