Chapter 33.

Chapter 33.

Yibo sat in the living room and looked grimly at Zhan. He was angry because Zhan had invited his new colleague to their home. Zhan told him it was good to get to know his new partners better. Which was probably right, as Yibo thought. But he would never invite Zoey Meng to their house.

Somehow he found her strange. During their first night shift together, she talked almost non-stop and asked him a lot of questions about Zhan and their married life. Not that he didn't like talking about Zhan, but he just didn't want to tell her about his husband.

When the doorbell rang, Yibo rose grumpy from the sofa and accompanied Zhan to the apartment door, where a moment later Wang Zhou Cheng and to Yibo's surprise, his beautiful wife Emma appeared.

No sooner Yibo had seen the beautiful Emma than he smiled. But not because he was attracted to her. But because he was sure that a man who had such a woman at home would not suddenly fall in love with Zhan.

Relieved, Yibo offered them to sit down and then he dashed into the kitchen to get the snacks prepared by him and Zhan.

Yibo placed the snacks on the table and sat down next to Zhan, where he demonstratively and with a broad grin, held Zhan's arm. Just as Emma did with Wang Zhou Cheng.

"You two look really cute together." Said Emma with bright eyes. "I can see how much you love each other. It's so great." She kept on wondering.

Zhou Cheng laughed and stroked her arm. "Since I told her that my new partner is married to a man, she has been dying to meet you two. Her big brother is also gay and she misses him and his husband very much.

"You must know, my mother is American and my father Chinese, I grew up in the USA. I was a so-called straggler. My big sister was already 26 years old when I was born. She has already started her own family. And my brother was 22 years old. Unfortunately, my parents had an accident back then, shortly after my tenth birthday, and died in the accident. From then on my brother took care of me, he and his husband. And while I went to China to study here, my brother and his husband stayed in the USA. I haven't seen them since. It's been six years now. They didn't even come to my wedding." She explained.

She also explained that her brother and his husband were banned from entering China for unknown reasons.

"How did you manage to get married officially in this country?" Asked her.

"Through someone who didn't get his license in China. Unfortunately, we can't officially register the marriage here. But it is valid in many other countries. And for us that is more than enough. It's better than not being married at all. And if something should ever happen, our marriage certificate is more than enough. Yibo proudly declared.

They talked and laughed a lot that night and Yibo got to know Zhou Cheng better. This was indeed a good thing for him, just as Zhan had predicted. Because now he could be sure that they were colleagues and maybe friends, but nothing more.

As far from being friends, the four are still in the beginning, but Yibo was sure that they will be good friends one day. Besides, they have a couple with whom they can also do something together.

As the two made their way home, Yibo and Zhan cleaned up and put the dishes in the dishwasher. And as soon as they were done, Yibo grabbed his husband and carried him into their bedroom.

***

Two days later...

Yibo and his new partner Zoey Meng were on patrol. They drove through the streets that were almost deserted at night. It was quiet that night, except for the patrol car.

Zoey Meng kept asking questions about Zhan. Yibo answered most of them only evasively or not at all. Somehow, some questions were nothing more than plucked questions, but others seemed to be more specific.

At some point that night, Yibo had finally enough. He drove his car to an empty parking lot of the supermarket and stopped there. "Why do you want to know all this about my husband? Why do you care what he likes to eat? Or if he goes jogging? "Where does he go when I'm not around?" He asked her angrily.

"No reason. It's just something I'm interested in. You get to know your partner better that way." Zoey replied.

"Funny thing is, you only ask me about my husband, but you never ask about me. So don't give me that crap. Tell me the truth!" Yibo ordered her.

"All right, okay. A friend of mine found out I'm working with you. He probably knows your husband and asked me to ask you a few questions about him." Zoey replied.

"Why? What does your friend want from my husband?" Asked Yibo Alert.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me and I didn't ask." She explained.

"Who is your friend? What is his name?"

"His name is Yu Bin." She said.

As soon as Yibo heard the name, he knew who Yu Bin was. He worked as a right hand for He Peng. So He Peng is still gathering information about his Zhan through this Yu Bin?

Has He Peng still not given up and is planning something to take Zhan away from him?

Yibo got out of the patrol car, took his phone and called Zhan to tell him what he just learned. And just like Yibo, Zhan had been worried.

Zhan had received the information that He Peng was causing a lot of stress in the first few days and terrorized the fellow inmates and guards because he wanted to talk to Zhan. But in the past two weeks he is suspiciously quiet.

"We should definitely inform my father. I don't know what he's up to, but it's probably not good. Besides, he'll be transferred in the next few days. Which means he might get a chance to escape. We have to prevent that." Zhan had said to Yibo on the phone.

Zhan called his father after the phone conversation with Yibo and informed him about what he had just heard. "Don't worry son, we won't let him come near you again." Said Zhan's father.

And Zhan's father also already had a plan how to get He Peng from one prison to another. He took his phone and called someone to discuss his plan with that person...

 He took his phone and called someone to discuss his plan with that person