Chapter 34.

Chapter 34.

After a weekend trip together with their new friends Zhou Cheng and his beautiful wife Emma, Yibo and Zhan were ready to face the plan that Zhan's father came up with together with secret agent Park Seo Joon.

For that Zhan first had to visit He Peng in the prison, though. Zhan had to find out what He Peng knows and try to find out what he plans next.

He Peng was brought by a guard to a room where Zhan was sitting and waiting for him. The prison director was informed and therefore Zhan didn't have to talk to He Peng in the visitors' area.

Zhan sat at the small table in the room where detainees could usually talk privately with their lawyers and nervously looked at the tiny camera that Seo Joon had installed in the corner of the room shortly before.

He knew that his father, Yibo and Seo Joon would be watching them and he wasn't comfortable with that. Because if he wanted to get anything out of He Peng, he had to pretend that he was still interested in him.

The door opened and He Peng's eyes widened when he saw Zhan. Zhan tried to smile and pointed to the place in front of him at the table. The guard unlocked He Peng's handcuffs and then left the two of them alone in the room.

"ZhanZhan, you finally came to visit me. I've been waiting for it for so long. I've really missed you. I'm sorry that I couldn't visit you again at that time, but I was under constant observation as you know. I would have loved to be by your side day and night." Said He Peng, holding Zhan's hands.

A cold shiver ran down Zhan's back at the thought of having He Peng around him day and night. But he didn't let it show and kept smiling.

"Are you angry with me because you're in prison because of me? I hope not. I haven't done anything. I waited every day for you to come and visit me at the hideout."

"I could never be angry with you ZhanZhan. You know how much I love you and that I would do anything for you, right?"

"Yes, that's what you said. But you didn't come back and leave me locked up in there. And then you were arrested."

"Unfortunately, yes. But I promise you, you won't have to be with that cold-hearted Wang Yibo much longer."

"What do you mean? You got a plan yet?"

"Baby, when it comes to you, I always have plans. And yes, I'm gonna get out of here. And when I get out, I'm gonna come and get you. And then you and I will leave this country and live somewhere else, the life I had planned for us."

"How do you know he's coldhearted?"

"I have my sources ZhanZhan. You do not have to pretend to love him much longer. Soon I'll be out of here, and then I'll free you from him."

"And how will you do that? I heard they're moving you to maximum security prison, how are you gonna get out?"

"Honey, I'm not even gonna get there. I've already planned everything. Now all I have to do is lie back and wait. When the day comes for my transfer, get ready. Because I'm gonna come straight to you and get you. The best thing is to wait for me at the restaurant where we had our first date. I will come there and get you."

"But how will you escape? As far as I know, the van that's going to take you away is heavily guarded. It is even escorted by police cars. I'm afraid you won't be able to do it and I'll wait for you for nothing and then I have to go back to my husband and keep pretending I love him and not you."

"Does that mean you love me too? Really ZhanZhan?"

"Of course I do. Why else would I have used all my authority to see you here in private?"

"You're so cute. Okay ZhanZhan, don't worry. I'm sure you know the route the van will take. We'll cross a bridge there and that's where some men will set traps. They'll stop the truck and rescue me. They'll be waiting for me with a getaway car. It's all planned out."

Zhan knew that now Yibo's performance would follow to make the whole thing more believable for He Peng.

The door flew open and an angry Yibo entered the room. He yelled at the guard to wait outside. Went to Zhan and grabbed him by the wrist. "Who gave you permission to see him?" Yibo screamed.

Zhan had to pull himself together not to laugh. "Ah, I'm sorry." He said.

He Peng jumped up and tried to free the wrist of Zhan. "Let him go you asshole. Can't you understand he doesn't love you? That he wants to be with me because we belong together?"

Yibo winked at Zhan and then looked He Peng deep into the eyes. "You stupid bastard, you can't even be with him. Look at yourself. Where do you think you are? You think you can just walk in and out as you like? How can you be a partner for Zhan?"

"You'll regret your words when I get out of here, I swear to you." Screamed He Peng.

"Please, don't say anything else, okay?" Asked him Zhan.

He Peng nodded and knocked on the door. "ZhanZhan, I'm leaving now. Don't worry, I'll see you soon. I love you."

The door opened and He Peng stepped outside, had the handcuffs put on and then let him take him away.

Zhan and Yibo stared at each other, took each other in their arms and breathed a sigh of relief. "He's really more than addicted to you. He'll never know what's real and what's not." Said Yibo and stroked over Zhan's back.

"Is Seo Joon finished in his cell? Did he plant the camera?" Zhan wanted to know.

"Yes, he did. From now on, we'll be able to hear and see everything that goes on in that cell." Yibo replied. "Come on, let's go home."

When the two came outside to the parking lot, Seo Joon was already waiting for them. "You did a great job Zhan. Time to take the next step." He said to Zhan and patted him on the shoulder. Very much to the displeasure of Yibo, who did not like it at all when someone touched his husband. And certainly not when his husband's ex-fiancé does it.

Zhan's father also joined them after he had a short talk with the prison director. "Okay, we can proceed as planned. We now know his plans. So we should get ahead of it. There's something I need to take care of first. You two go home and get some rest. I'll work with Seo Joon to prepare the next step."

Yibo and Zhan nodded before they got into their car and drove away from there together.

When they got home, Yibo took Zhan in his arms. "I'll kill that bastard if he touches you again."

"Yibo, He Peng wouldn't have believed me otherwise."

"ZhanZhan, I don't mean He Peng! I mean your ex."

"Ah? Oh, he just tapped me on the shoulder."

" Yes, exactly. He touched you. And nobody can touch you except me." Said Yibo and kissed Zhan. "And now we're going to take a shower and then go to bed. We must use all the time we have."