Chapter 32.

Chapter 32.

Yibo had been watching his boss talk to a new policewoman for more than ten minutes. The young woman, who is about the same age as Yibo, keeps looking over at him. And he wonders why.

And at the latest when his superior comes up to him and his desk together with her, he has an idea why she is there. But even now, he doesn't like the way she looks at him.

Most of the women who look at him have the same look as hers. They look at him as if they want to undress him on the spot and pull him into their bed. And that's exactly the look she has.

"Yibo, I want you to introduce your new partner. Her name is Zoey Meng, she comes from Shenzhen, where she worked as a female patrolman for the last two years." Explains to him his boss.

Yibo gets up and bows to greet her, which she returns with a bow. Then his boss shows her, her desk, which is right next to Yibo's. And says goodbye to both of them.

"I hope you don't mind having a female partner on duty I heard you had an older partner a few months ago." She says to Yibo as he tries to avoid the eye-contact with her.

Yibo had never cared about women before, he never liked them and for him they were like aliens from another planet. He didn't mind having a woman as a partner in duty. But he still has to consider it.

"No, I don't mind having a female partner." He replies and finds the view of the black screen of his phone more interesting than the view of his new colleague.

"So? Do you have a girlfriend? From the look of you, I'm sure there's a woman." She says and giggles.

"No girlfriend." Reply to Yibo calmly.

"Oh, then I guess you're one of those handsome men who doesn't want to settle down and have some fun before the serious part of marriage begins."

"No, I'm not that kind of person."

"What kind of man are you, then?"

"A married man."

"But you said you didn't have a girlfriend, you could have said you already had a wife."

"No wife."

"Huh? Married and still no wife? That would mean you have a husband? Yeah, good joke."

"It's no joke."

"Oh, come on, tell the truth. You're not gonna tell me a hot guy like you, who can have anyone, is actually married to a man?"

"But that's the way it is!"

"Damn. Were you forced?"

"What? No!"

"I don't believe you."

"I don't care what you believe."

"Prove that you are voluntarily married to a man."

" Proof? I love my husband, I'm happy with him. Nothing else is your business."

"Have you ever at least been with a woman?"

"Why should I?"

"To see how beautiful it is. Isn't it much nicer? Women have breasts and sex is easier too."

A colleague of Yibo, who had been listening the whole time, shook her head and laughed. "Girl, you should see his husband first, then you'll know why he doesn't need a wife." She says and Yibo smiles at her.

Another colleague spoke up. "Our Yibo probably hit the jackpot among the men. He doesn't need a woman, he has his Zhan."

"What about me?" Zhan asked when he came into the police station and heard his name.

He saw the new colleague sitting next to Yibo and smiled. Whereupon the colleague got red cheeks and said a soft "wow".

"Right, wow. This is my husband. I don't need any women or breasts. I have my Zhan." Says Yibo before he gets up, goes to Zhan and hugs him.

Zoey Meng introduced herself to Zhan and explained where she came from and told him that she is now Yibo's new partner. "Then take good care of my husband." Zhan replied.

"ZhanZhan, why are you here? I thought I had to pick you up at the headquarters?" Yibo wanted to know.

"Ah, yes. That was the plan. But I also have a new partner now. His name is Wang Zhou Cheng, two years younger than me. He has dropped me off here." Explained Zhan.

"A partner?" Asked Yibo.

"Yes, but don't worry. He is very nice and he is married. To a woman." Zhan replied, smiling at the worried look from Yibo.

"All right. But be careful, Zhan." Said Yibo as he reached for Zhan's hand.

"Shall we go home? Or do you have to work late today?" Zhan wanted to know.

Yibo looked at the clock and smiled. "Only two minutes left." He said.

Zhan and Yibo slowly walk hand in hand towards the exit door.A colleague of Yibo looks after them and shakes her head, smiling. "They are just so cute together." She says, turning around to Zoey Meng. "You have no chance at Yibo! He loves his Zhan way too much." Explained she with a big grin.

Once Zhan and Yibo were in the parking garage, Yibo grabbed his husband and gave him a long hard kiss. "I love you ZhanZhan. Let's go home and play doctor."

"Why? Are you sick?"

"Yes, sick with love for you. Though I'll be the doctor and you the patient."

"And what illness do I have?"

"I will know after a long and thorough investigation. I'm sure it'll take the whole evening or maybe the whole night."

"We shall see. But for now, let's just go home."

Yibo opened the passenger door for Zhan and waited for Zhan to get in and buckle up before he went to the driver's side, sat down and started the engine.

***

Meanwhile, in another place...

"How long do you think I have to stay here?" A man asked.

"It's hard to say. We're doing the best we can. But it's not easy." A woman sitting opposite him replied.

"You better hurry. I hear we're about to be transferred. And when that happens, I have no chance of seeing my Zhan again."

"You know he's not your Zhan, right? He never was! You'd better give him up. He is married and happy. Let him live his life."

"Never! He said himself, he's not married by choice and I have to save him."

The man got up and knocked on the door. He waited two seconds, three seconds and then the door was opened. With his head lowered, he stepped through the door and walked down the long dark hallway.

His thoughts revolved only around one person. About Xiao Zhan. He is convinced that he must save Xiao Zhan. And that only he can save him. And in order to save him, he must escape. Escape from the place where he's being held and try to prevent him from saving his Zhan.

 Escape from the place where he's being held and try to prevent him from saving his Zhan