Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

After a wonderful first weekend together, it was time for the two to get back to reality. Their jobs!

In the case of Yibo, he had to go to early duty on Monday and drove through the streets of Beijing with Tao Long.

Zhan, on the other hand, had to work the late shift. No sooner he was on duty than he had to get ready for a raid in the amusement district of the city. They found out from an illegal gambling casino that they're going to bust today.

Yibo and Tao Long also got their hands full when a bomb threat was made at a middle school. They were one of the first teams on the scene and had to secure the area. And together with the nervous teachers and the frightened children they waited for the special unit and their tracking dogs.

It had been the third incident this month. Someone called the school, said there was a bomb and hung up. And even though no bomb was found, they took the threats very seriously.

Like the other times before, no bomb was found. And also there was no indication of the caller. The school had a modern telephone system, but if the caller suppresses his number, it is useless.

At 03:30 pm, federal agents entered the supposedly illegal casino. Apparently the operators had been warned, however, because when they arrived there they found the place empty. Only one roulette table had been left. They either left it behind intentionally or were unable to move it so quickly.

But this was not the only planned raid for today. There were three more after them. One in the evening. And exactly the one in the evening had been a tough one. Had it been said before that there was a possibility of a drug lab, they had to find out that besides the drug lab there was also an arms deal.

At 8 pm they quietly entered the building. The unit moved forward piece by piece, taking care not to make any noise to catch the perpetrators in the act. When they reached a staircase, one leading up and the other down, the unit split up. Six went up and six went down.

Zhan was in the group going down to the basement. But there they were already expected. There were thirteen men, armed to the teeth. Before they even realized what was going on, the first bullets flew at them. One of the men in Zhan's unit was injured. He was shot in the thigh.

Shots were also fired from the top floor, where the other unit was. They called for support, but they were in the basement, surrounded by thirteen armed men. Zhan and his unit retreated into a room and tried to call for backup through the central control center, but something suddenly blocked their radio communications.

The attackers were standing right outside the door and the locked up unit had to expect that at any moment it would be riddled with bullets, or even blown away. But before this could happen, a voice sounded from the other side of the door that was very familiar to Zhan.

"Xiao Zhan my favorite federal agent, you should have kept me dating. Then you'd be standing on this side of the door right now and wouldn't have to worry about getting killed." He Peng shouted to him.

"Fuck He Peng, what do you want?" Asked Zhan and received questioning looks from his colleagues.

"You know what I want, my handsome. Join me and your colleagues can leave." He Peng replied.

"And you know this will never happen." Called Zhan back.

"Then you will all die here today. Is that what you want? Think it over carefully. My offer stands. I'll give you 10 minutes to think about it. And then this door will open. The question is, how?" He Peng replied laughing.

Once again, Zhan cursed the day he met He Peng and thought he was a good man. At that time, during his training as a federal agent. He Peng tried everything to impress Zhan and win him over. He seemed like a nice and gentle man who could not hurt anyone.

But then Zhan found out who his parents were. A mafia boss and his bride, both known all over town. Zhan broke off all contact immediately. But He Peng didn't give up. Again and again their paths crossed and with each additional time it became more dangerous and He Peng became more and more crazy.

He didn't even shy away from hurting himself, hoping Zhan would give him a chance when he saw how serious he was. But Zhan didn't give in. Not only was He Peng not the type of man he usually stood for, he had become his father's right hand man.

But as long as there is no evidence that can be presented to a prosecutor and judge, He Peng still remains at liberty.

While the federal agents were trapped, Yibo suddenly had a bad feeling. He had to think about Zhan and without knowing what happened, he suddenly started to worry about Zhan. He could feel that something was wrong. Worried, he paced up and down in his room.

"Xiao Zhan, time is almost up." Called He Peng through the locked door.

The federal agents' unit resorted to a trick. They deliberately aimed at He Peng's feelings for Zhan. "He can't fucking hear you. Zhan is unconscious!" One of the other agents yelled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Screamed He Peng.

Another agent pushed a piece of a bloodstained bandage under the door. It belonged to the one used by the agent who was shot.

"One of your crazy friends shot Zhan. He's about to bleed to death!" Called the federal agent.

Outside the door, there was a sudden noise. Voices spoke in unison, a shot was fired, then footsteps could be heard moving away.

"Take him to the hospital and tell him I'll see him soon." Screamed He Peng and the federal agents heard how he too departed.

Worried He Peng and his men were hiding somewhere, Zhan had been bandaged for appearances' sake and the alleged federal agent Xiao Zhan was carried outside. The other unit that was trapped on the top floor also came free and joined their colleagues.

Ambulances arrived and took the allegedly injured Zhan away. His commander sat in the ambulance and shook his head repeatedly. "Who would have thought that one day we could count on the love of a man for one of our agents?" He asked Zhan, who sat on the bed and removed the bandage.

"So it had been a trap." Zhan replied.

"Probably. And it's only because that sick bastard wants you. You should be more careful. I think the guy's starting to freak out. Who knows what he'll do if you keep rejecting him." Said his team leader.

Since it was already night when Zhan had finished his work, he could not call Yibo now. But he wrote him a message. "I am fine, love you." Because Yibo had asked him in a message to get in contact with him. He wrote to Zhan that he was suddenly so worried and just wanted to know if he was okay.

Yibo on the other hand was still lying awake in his bed when he received the message from Zhan. Calm, he pressed the phone to himself and took a deep breath in and out. "I love you too. And I miss you." He wrote to Zhan before he turned off his light, closed his eyes and fell asleep calmly.

" He wrote to Zhan before he turned off his light, closed his eyes and fell asleep calmly