Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

A few days later, they still hadn't found any other solution than to somehow get in contact with He Peng, tell him that Zhan would be transferred and wait and see what He Peng would do.

And finally Yibo also had to give in. Even if he didn't want to and was against it, because of fear that something could happen to Zhan. But he also had to realize that they wouldn't get any further. They had to find a way to lure He Peng out of his hiding place.

So he called his big brother and asked him and his personal assistant for a talk. And in the presence of Zhan and his father, in the course of their jobs as federal agents, they interviewed He Peng's little brother.

But Jay was more like his brother than they thought. At least in terms of communication. Because he, too, liked to talk a lot.

"Everyone in the family knows how my brother feels about Xiao Zhan. And that' s exactly why no one would dare to lay a finger on him. My big brother is the right hand of my father, nobody would dare to stand against him or his orders. And if you want to know how to get him to come out, then do it over the so-called bush radio. Spread the information to all the criminals that Xiao Zhan is about to be transferred because of He Peng. And you'll soon see what He Peng does then. What exactly it will be, I can't tell you. My brother, like the rest of my family, is very unpredictable. Which makes them so dangerous." Explained Jay.

Yibo noticed that Hai Kuan had been staring at him the whole time. " What is wrong?" He asked his big brother.

"It's funny. In all the years I've tried to get back in touch with you, you've always sent me away. But now that I can be useful to you, you're contacting me. And you never even invited me to your wedding." He said to Yibo.

"Really? You want to talk about this now? Do you really think now is the right time to discuss this? And shouldn't you know the reasons why I don't want to have any contact with you?" Asked Yibo angrily.

"This is really not the time to talk about these things." Said Zhan's father, recalling that they were currently in a Federal Agency interrogation room.

"So, Jay, you really think it's enough to spread the information about the transfer?" Asked Zhan's father.

"Absolutely! My brother has developed a real obsession with Xiao Zhan and collects all the information about him that he can get. So when he finds out that Xiao Zhan has to leave the city soon, he will show up. No matter what, he'll show up. Just as I said, I can't predict exactly what he'll do. I don't expect him to kidnap Zhan, because he still wants Zhan to come to him voluntarily. But how he intends to achieve this goal is unclear." Explained Jay.

Jay also made it clear that although he has broken off all contact with his family, he still receives constant updates. And therefore he knows that He Peng is protecting Xiao Zhan in the background.

Furthermore, he also made clear that He Peng is very clever, but when it comes to Xiao Zhan he loses his control. He suggested to make use of this.

"Pretends that Zhan is suddenly interested in him. As a federal agent, it shouldn't be hard for him. After all, you learn how to work undercover. Pretend that Xiao Zhan wants to be with him, let him take Xiao Zhan into his world and show him everything. Then Xiao Zhan won't have to search very long for the evidence. He Peng will show him everything willingly. Because he would do anything for Xiao Zhan." Jay said.

Yibo didn't like the idea at all. Of course he knows Zhan is a good federal agent and that it would be nothing more than work. But just the thought of Zhan pretending to get close to He Peng made him furious and jealous.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no other way to finally convict and expose He Peng and his crimes. No one would roll out a red carpet for them towards the evidence. They have to work hard for it and always have to expect some setbacks.

And as a simple police officer, it was even more difficult for Yibo. The opportunities for ordinary police officers were limited. That's why there are feds and other units.

Zhan took Yibo's hand and stroked it, when he saw Yibo looking lost in his thoughts.

"You don't have to worry, honey. We're just taking this as a last option. I don't want to have to pretend that I suddenly like He Peng either." Zhan said to him softly.

Yibo in turn hugged Zhan and whispered "I'm just so scared that I' m gonna lose you."

"That's never gonna happen, honey. Never!" Zhan replied.

Zhan realized long ago that he might have to go undercover. But the thought also gave him a stomachache. Because he definitely didn't want to have to pretend that He Peng had finally won and had won Zhan's heart.

Because then he would have to be with He Peng all the time. He wouldn't let Zhan go anywhere without him. And Zhan wouldn't be able to see or speak to Yibo in that time. Something that Zhan doesn't want to think about.

But does Zhan really have a choice? If he wants to get rid of He Peng once and for all and put him in the jail, he has to jump over his shadow and make this sacrifice. But how big does the sacrifice have to be? Where can he set the limit?

"Xiao Zhan, I have a little advice for you. Don't let him find out about your husband. Because if he finds out that you're married and to whom, he'll hunt your husband then. So you should make a decision quickly." Jay said before he left the interrogation room with Hai Kuan.

In silence, Zhan and Yibo looked at each other. Both knew which decision had to be made and both knew that it had actually been decided long ago. But neither of them wanted to say it out loud.

Zhan and Yibo hugged each other. Silently they held each other. Maybe that's why neither of them said anything, because otherwise they would not be able to hold back their tears any longer. Because the thought of what lay ahead of them made them both infinitely sad.

 Because the thought of what lay ahead of them made them both infinitely sad