Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

Yibo wasn't sure how long this evening would go, it was already midnight, but he was absolutely sure that he wouldn't leave before they finished the evening together. He would stay until the last minute and use the time with Zhan and his father.

For Yibo it had been clear why he wanted to be so close to Xiao Zhan. He had long since admitted to himself that he had fallen in love with the federal agent. But could Xiao Zhan, who treated him like a good friend, feel the same for him? Was his wish that more could come out of this new friendship perhaps too great?

There were rare situations where Wang Yibo didn't know what to do. Mostly he thought about the problem and then found a solution. But in the case of Xiao Zhan he didn't know what to do. He wanted to get closer to him, but didn't even have the courage to confess this to him.

Why was it so difficult for him to approach Xiao Zhan? It wasn't the first time he was in love. But this time, he thought it was completely different. He feels like a shy beginner who has no idea how to confess his feelings to someone.

What was so different about Xiao Zhan? Why was he able to evoke these feelings in him? Feelings that he had never before experienced with such intensity. Why was he only able to think about kissing the federal agent? He wanted to be close to him, to press his lips to the lips of Xiao Zhan. Touching his skin and completely losing himself in his feelings for Zhan.

Yibo watched Zhan and wondered again and again if this man, in his search for a partner, could consider him.

"Yibo?" It was Xiao Zhan's father who ripped him out of his thoughts.

"Um, yeah?" Asked Yibo.

"You seem so absent. What are you thinking about?" Xiao Lou wanted to know.

"Oh, nothing much. I was just thinking about a problem I have with my mother." Replied Yibo, who remembered that his mother was still demanding to meet his new boyfriend.

"And what is the problem? Maybe I can help. Or perhaps A Zhan." Said Xiao Lou.

"I don't know. I guess that would be too much trouble." Said Yibo shyly.

"Is this about the date the other day? Didn't your mother believe you?" Asked him Zhan.

"That's not quite the right answer. The guy called my mom and told her I already had a boyfriend and I wanted to keep it from her. Now every day she asks me to introduce this ominous boyfriend to her. And if I don't, she'll keep setting me up on dates." Explained Yibo annoyed.

"Well, Zhan told me about it. And I guess now she thinks A Zhan is your boyfriend?" Asked Xiao Lou.

"Yeah, I guess so." Yibo said so.

"So you're in this situation because of Zhan. So I think Zhan should help you." Said Xiao Lou.

"And how can I help him?" Asked Xiao Zhan.

"Two choices. The first, you confess the lie and with that Yibo has to date again, whether he wants to or not and his mother will get really pissed off. Or you can both play a couple for a while." Suggested Xiao Lou dry.

"Are you serious?" Asked Xiao Zhan shocked.

Not that Xiao Zhan would mind helping Yibo. But he still saw a problem. His feelings for the young police officer grew stronger and stronger. What if the two of them play a couple for a while and then he can't hold himself back anymore? What if his feelings get the upper hand?

"I think the second option is best." Said Yibo and smiled.

Yibo indeed found the second option the best. Because that way he could spend more time with the federal agent. Get closer to him and maybe the wrong couple would become a real one?

"Okay, if that's how you really think. Then I'll help you." Zhan replied.

Zhan looked at Wang Yibo, who was beaming all over his face. How could he refuse him this wish? How could he refuse him anything? He knew that if the wrong game ended, he would suffer. But until then he could enjoy his time with the young police officer a little.

"Better if you were really dating. Because honestly, what's wrong with it? You two are looking for someone. You're only six years apart. Visually, you're a great match and you seem to get along quite well. Just think about it." Xiao Lou had said.

Zhan wanted to say something about it, but at that moment his phone rang and he had to take the call. So he went outside and left his father and Yibo alone for a moment.

"You like my son very much what?" Asked Xiao Lou out of the blue.

"Oh, me, well, yeah. I like him." Yibo replied stutteringly.

"I thought so. I've seen the way you look at him. Honestly, take your chances." Said Xiao Lou with a big smile on his face.

"What if he doesn't like me?" Asked Yibo nervously.

"And how will you know unless you at least trying?" Asked Xiao Lou the question in return.

"But..." Started Yibo.

" No buts. If you really have feelings for A Zhan, then you should take every opportunity you can. And if my son didn't like you, you wouldn't be here right now. All I'm saying is just try. Take your chance." Said Xiao Lou when he interrupted Yibo.

Zhan came back inside and placed to the left of Yibo. He smiled at Yibo and then turned to his father.

"He Peng reappeared. A surveillance camera recorded him. However, his current whereabouts are unknown. Central is reviewing all surveillance video for the last 24 hours." Explained Zhan.

"Then it is time for me to say goodbye. The boss should get back to work. And you're nice to each other." Said Xiao Lou on it.

"Dad, you've been drinking." Zhan replied.

"Yeah, two beers. I have to go. Zhan, take good care of your friend." He said and disappeared through the door.

"You heard what my dad said. So what can I do for you?" Asked Zhan and winked at Yibo.

"Can we go for a walk? My head is spinning a little and I think I need some air." Yibo replied.

"Sure, we'll do it right away." Said Zhan and reached for Yibo's hand.

Zhan paid the bartender's bill and then went outside hand in hand with Yibo. It was not necessary for Zhan to hold Yibo's hand. Zhan just wanted it and Yibo didn't seem to mind.

The two of them walked around for a while when they stopped at an unlit alley.

"This would be a perfect hiding place for an ambush." Said Zhan as he stared into the darkness of this alley.

"But it's good for other things too." Yibo replied.

"Oh, yeah? What's that?" Asked Zhan thoughtfully.

"I'll show you." Said Yibo and pulled Zhan behind him into the Dark Alley.

"Now what?" Asked Zhan, who still hadn't understood what this unlit alley could be good for.

But Yibo avoided to answer. Instead, he preferred to show it to Zhan. He pressed Zhan against the wall behind him and grabbed Zhan's cheeks with both hands. "Just hold still. I'll show you." Said Yibo, when Zhan tried to get away from the house wall. And just one breath later, Zhan felt something soft, warm and moist on his lips. The young police officer Wang Yibo kissed him. And it was not a little kiss. It was a loving and yearning kiss.

 It was a loving and yearning kiss