Chapter 22.

Chapter 22.

Zhan told Yibo that the NIS, which is not only active in Korea, is now behind them and has promised to help them. And that, thanks to the NIS, they can see each other more often now. Zhan just has to find a way to distract his pursuers.

Today he left his apartment and went through the basement, which, as Zhan discovered by chance, is connected to the other entrances of the house. So he could comfortably leave the house from another entrance. While his pursuers still kept an eye on his front door.

He Peng, as Zhan explained, has also finally contacted Zhan personally. Zhan was in the park for a jog when He Peng appeared there together with some men and approached Zhan.

He wanted to know from Zhan exactly about the transfer, and if he had any plans to stay. But he didn't let himself be seen in the cards and didn't tell if he had any plans. Therefore he invited Zhan on a date.

Yibo almost froze his blood in his veins when he heard the word date. He knew it would happen, but hearing it now still shocked him.

"I rejected the offer on the excuse that I was mad at him because this is all happening to me now, because of him. Then he promised that he would take care of it. I should stay calm, trust him and wait for him."

"It makes me sick when I hear that. I wish we could just shoot him and bury him somewhere."

"Unfortunately, it's not all about He Peng anymore. All other authorities and units are working on the case as well. They want to find out what he and his family are doing. What they trade, who they blackmail, who they bought. and all that stuff. Otherwise, I'd have put a bullet in his head by now."

"How much time do we have ZhanZhan?"

"About two, maybe three hours. I have to be back before dark. Because if it gets dark outside and no lights come on in my apartment, then they know something's wrong."

"Do we have to stay here?"

"No. I thought we were going home for the time being. I'd like to be alone with you for a while."

"So come on, dear. Let's go home, ZhanZhan."

And so they were both driven home in a NIS car, to their apartment. They were given two hours, and they took full advantage of them until the last second.

As soon as they entered their apartment, Yibo fell upon his husband like a hungry lion. He had missed his husband so much and he would only have him with him for so short a time that he didn't want to waste any time.

"I'm so glad I can have you with me at least for a moment Zhan. Hopefully we wouldn't have to wait too long before we could see each other again."

"At least now we've found a way to see each other now and then. Even if it's not for long. So I'm glad it's possible at all."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Honestly, I'm really not feeling well."

"So I've heard. That's what I'm worried about. I know it's hard, and I miss you as much as you do, but please take care of yourself. Eat well, don't sleep only when you're home. If necessary, visit your mother or my father. Don't try to handle it alone."

"Promised ZhanZhan. But something different. I heard they suspect my brother."

"Yes, that's true. Apparently, he's been acting very strange lately. And lately he's been throwing around a lot of money. I myself only noticed it in passing. They're keeping an eye on your brother and He Ping's little brother."

"Do you really think my brother could be in league with He Peng? I mean, if so, who says he won't tell him about our plan or our marriage?"

"That worries me, too. If He Peng is really bribing him, then there is actually a much greater danger. For you, too. The NIS is probably already on it and trying to get more. They're considering leaving you with someone to protect you."

"Yeah, great for me. But what about you? What if my brother has revealed our plan and He Peng knows we're trying to trap him?"

" You have to expect these things one way or another. We can't rely on our luck alone. So be more careful in the near future. I don't want anything happens to you, you hear?"

"Yes, Zhan. But you take care of yourself, too. I'll die if anything happens to you."

"I don't hear that, my dear. Don't talk about dying."

Yibo and Zhan, who were lying in their bed together, held each other in their arms and tried at least a little bit to suppress the thoughts around He Peng and the immediate danger they both face every day.

But they don't really succeed. Again and again the thoughts cut into their brains like knives and pull them back into the reality. The reality in which they soon have to say goodbye to each other without knowing if they will see each other again.

Because they always have one thing in their minds. He Peng is unpredictable and when it comes to him, everything is possible. Even that he kills Zhan. Or find out who Yibo is and hurt him.

After exactly two hours the doorbell rang and the two had to go back downstairs and be driven back to the shop. In the back room of the shop, Zhan and Yibo held each other in their arms kissing for a few more minutes before it was time to say goodbye again.

With a heavy heart, Yibo left Zhan behind and went outside to his motorcycle, put on his helmet, got on the bike and started it, then drove off, back home where he was still in bed with his husband until half an hour ago and they were making love.

Zhan on the other hand went back to his apartment and entered the house as he had left it. Through another entrance, through the basement and up to his small apartment where he was alone again and thought about how much he would have liked to spend the night with Yibo.

He was very worried about Yibo. When he heard that Yibo was depressed and would only sleep when he wasn't working, he was so worried about him that he was desperately looking for a way to see Yibo and talk to him.

And then he remembered the NIS. He didn't care that the director said he would be taking over the leadership. All he cared about was that he helped him see and talk to Yibo. And the director had kept his promise.

But what neither Yibo nor Zhan know or can suspect at this moment is that Yibo's big brother, Hai Kuan, is pursuing his own plans. He wants to protect his little brother and his husband at all costs. And for this he also gets involved in a very dangerous game!

 And for this he also gets involved in a very dangerous game!