55

I just stand there processing everything as the world around me turns foggy.
Todoroki got his medal, and Bakugo sort of got his. It's like just hanging from his mouth.
Then cheering, I grip the jacket covering my body, the smell calming my raging thoughts down. What? I robotically make my way into the waiting area, classmate happily talk to me as everything starts blurring. I blink a couple times before apologising to everyone and leave early.

I stumble down the streets and into the hospital where Rei was excitedly asking me questions about the sports festival, but everything dulled. And I came crashing down onto the floor.

"Rei?"
I mumble weakly as I wake tucked into her bed, I could tell it was hers cause the calming scent of lavender and green tea invaded my nose.

"Finally you're awake, I've made some tea. Would you like some?"
I blink at her a couple times before nodding, I slip out of her bed and sit across from her by the window.

The steaming mug grazes my plans as I pick it up, but the feeling was distant. It felt like I wasn't there.
"I saw you on tv.. you did amazing."
Rei broke the silence.
If she saw me then that means she saw Shoto.

"Did you see him?"
I ask, my tone flat as the ache in my chest grew.

"Y-yes.. but your first fi-"

"He didn't answer my question."

"What? What do you mean y/n"

"Rei.. he didn't answer my question"
I say, voice break as the tone rises.

"W-wh-"

"I asked... if I was important to him... if I was enough... but he didn't answer."
Rei just sits there looking outside the window with a small sad smile, I gulp.

"He said I wasn't enough...."
Rei turns to me before I continued.

"Why? Why am I not enough for him?!"
I choke out, lately my emotions have been mixed to the point where I felt nothing. Nothing but anger and sadness.

"Then I-.. I let someone else touch me Rei!! My skin is-.. it's tainted."

"Rei I didn't save my purity for Shoto like I said in my vows, I lied. I'm a lying whore-"

"No you aren't."
Rei grabbed both of my shoulders before staring me down.

"I remember before I was also taken in by Enji, I was pure but I fell in love with someone else by accident. He treated me with so much respect and he loved me for me. And I got carried away, we almost spent the night together but Enji found out. I was beaten black and blue... and that guy, he was paid off. I thought he loved me. And when I finally started falling for that angry bastard, he ignored me.. cheated... you name it. And funnily enough I asked the exact same thing. I asked him word for word. Am I enough?. I also never got my answer."

I grasp onto her tightly. Even after telling myself hundreds of times, that I haven't been through worse I still don't listen. And I still overreact over the littlest things. What's wrong with me?

"Men are not it. Women like us suffer everyday, yet we still keep coming back to the man we love. Yet still after everything, men aren't shit"
I pull back and stifle a laugh.

"A-what?"

"Men aren't shit."
I can't help but burst out laugh, Rei said it with such and innocent looking expression.

"I found that saying online, it's great isn't it!"
She speaks happily and I can't help but smile, she's so amazing.

"Yeap it is Rei it is... but we were having a serious conversation, why did you have to ruin the mood."
I laugh out, she just giggles before shrugging.

Im thankful.. so fucking thankful for Rei.