8

I knew where I was going, for some reason before I even had that argument, I knew I would be seeing her soon. So I was slowly on track to my place to stay for the night. Somewhere safe.

The hospital for the ill. That's what Endeavour called it, I don't even see the reason why Rei was sent to this....prison. She isn't ill. I'm my eyes, she was just tainted by that sickening bastard.

I quickly signed in at the front desk, giving my name and asking for Rei's room. The front desk lady looked at me in shock, considering I'm a Todoroki. Well not an actual family member, more like married in. But she was still shock nonetheless.

"No one has visited Mrs.Todoroki in years, you must really care for her"
I give a small smile but I still felt extremely shamed for that fact, why wouldn't anyone visit her? I shake it off before slowly shuffling down the hall, carrying a large bag.

I grip the door handle, mentally preparing to see her. Maybe this ain't such a good idea. Nope too late now y/n.

I slide the door open only to be greeted by her small form watching the outside world from the window, a lingering scent of tea filling my nose.

"Ms.Todoroki?"
I whisper, her familiar white hair draped down her back, growling faintly in the sun.

She glanced back at me, a warm smile adorned her features. She looked abut ages yet she still seemed to radiate beauty.

"I knew you would visit me soon."
I almost brake down at her words, did she get that feeling too? That feeling of knowing about our meeting.

"I also have the feeling that something went terrible wrong, please come sit dear."
She was like the mother I've never had, someone who wouldn't sell me to a bastard for money. Someone who cares.

I sink into the seat across from her, eyes glossing as I watch her slowly get up to what I assume is to make tea.
"It's so good to see you again Ms-"

"It's good to see you too, but don't you remember when I told you to call me Mom?"
I smile and give a small laugh, a warm feeling takes over my heart. This is what home feels like, I feel safe and loved.

"Yes mom"
I giggle as she continues to mix something in a white tea pot.

"Before we have a chat would you like some tea?"
I mumble out a quick yes, she shuffles back to her original seat with two cups of steaming brown liquid.
I take my cup from her delicate fingers, giving a small thank you before taking a sip.
The familiar taste made a huge smile crawl onto my features, I slowly take another sip savouring the flavour.

"Now that's the smile I've been waiting to see"
She speaks up, folding her legs will sipping from her own cup.

"Now that that's over with, I assume you've come to talk about something heavy. Maybe stay the night? It's not everyday you see your daughter in law come in with a bag the size of a log"
The warm feeling dies as I lower my head, memories from when I was in that horrid house flash before my eyes.

"That's the thing mom.... it's about everything that's happened in that damn house."
She politely listens as I suck in a harsh breath before continuing.

"It all started when we got back to the residence."