Veintidós/Twenty Two

Izzy laid in bed, still in disbelief, unmotived to go to work today. She called in, lied and said she was sick, as she remained under her blankets. This was the first day of work she ever missed. Every single coworker sent her a message. She knew noone else was home. It was too quiet. She closed her eyes, hoping to fall back asleep. Sleeping seemed like the only thing she could do right now. She was lost, confused, and didn't know how to recover from all the information thrown at her.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"You're right. This obsession buried me nine years ago. It's doing it again. I should've let it go."

"What happened nine years ago should've never landed on you alone. I should've been there with you, EZ. That night. I'm fucking sorry, bro. I should've believed you. Fucking helped you..."

"Your mother's dead because of what I did."

"Doesn't matter anymore, pop."

"Yes, it does. I'm gonna talk to Dita today... get the truth."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Hey."

"Thank you for coming. Felipe doing alright?"

"Uh. I don't know."

"The information... on Potter. Potter was involved with- they had, uh, a kid. To knock Potter down a few runs of the latter and, at the very least, declaw him. Nothing happens to Miguel." Emily handed EZ the papers.

"I promise. If we use it, nothing happens to Miguel." EZ nodded, turning around to leave.

"You told her?" Emily asked, "Izzy?"

"Yeah."

"What happens now?" Emily was nervous for the end, the outcome, to the whole situation.

"I don't know."

"Izzy knowing this-"

"She wouldn't go to anyone. She won't say anything," EZ insisted, looking Emily in the eyes, "I mean it, Emily. You don't need to worry about her."

"I hope your trust in her means something." Emily warned, heading back inside the salon.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Hello, my love. Why so heavy-hearted?"

"Marisol... did you have her killed, someone to kill both of us?"

"Miguel had just made his first development deal. Jose and I came out to celebrate, we went to the local festival..."

"You saw Marisol and me. Dita, why? Almost twenty years had passed."

"It was mostly about Miguel. I couldn't lose him too. And now, he was in your backyard. I knew you suspected he was your son. When I saw you with Isabel, even after all those years, after-"

"Jesus christ."

"I knew how honest you were, Ignacio. You would have shared all that truth with Isabel. About me... Miguel..."

"There was nothing to share. That life was over."

"I know that now. After Isabel was killed... remorse consumed me. I tried to- I tried to bury it. It's time for me to go, Felipe. Not by an act of nature, that failed, it has to be you."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Pop."

"Hey."