Seis/Six

The ride to the Mayans clubhouse took longer than Izzy intended. She had to stop on the side of the road and ask a complete stranger for directions. Letty stared out the window the whole time, her grocery bag sitting in her lap. Izzy hoped she could just drop Letty off and go, be close enough but not inside, and then head home. When she saw the piles of scrap metal that the stranger described, she started to get nervous. She slowed down, parking a few feet away from the gate, and looked over at Letty who sat still and made no attempt to unbuckle her seatbelt. Letty looked over at Izzy, biting on her bottom lip, "The thing is... I- I've never been here before."

"But your family's here? Right?"

Letty nodded and slowly unbuckled her seatbelt, "Thanks... do you think you could come inside with me?"

"Letty..." Izzy was ready to protest when the gate was opened. She shut off the engine. Her headlights must've got more attention than she thought. A man in a Mayans cut rounded the corner and stared at Letty while a familiar face was in disbelief as he looked into the car.

"Izzy!" Izzy gulped as Chucky jogged to the drivers side and opened the door, "You're here!"

All eyes were on Izzy as she blushed and unbuckled her seatbelt, "Hi." Letty finally got out of the car and had a staring contest with her father who she thought was her brother for the last 17 years.

"Chucky? You know her?" One Mayan asked.

"Who are you?" Another Mayan asked Izzy directly.

"I saw Letty at the store and offered to give her a ride home..." She explained, "I'll just leave now."

"How do you know her, Chucky?" Izzy felt intimidated as the Mayans walked closer to her.

"Oh, she's family!" Chucky nodded, "Yeah! Moved here from Charming!"

"Charming?" Another Mayan questioned, "Like in the reapers' Charming?"

"Look, I don't know what's going on," Letty drifted the attention on her, "Izzy helped me, okay? I met her before. She's cool."

"You work at her doctor's office, I remember," One Mayan stepped forward, holding his hand out, "I'm Coco. Thanks for bringing her back here. We've been looking for her all day."

"You're welcome." Izzy nodded, as she still had butterflies in her stomach.

Letty followed Coco into the compound as Chucky stood beside Izzy. Another man stepped forward, "She's the girl you were talking about the other day?"

"Yeah." Chucky nodded, "Told her to come visit. Didn't think it would be a problem."

The air seemed even more tense and awkward as more Mayans came out front, "What the fuck is everyone doing out here?!"

"Izzy," Marcus Alvarez walked straight up to her and pulled her into his arms, "It's great to see you. It's been too long."

"Hi, Alvarez," Izzy slightly relaxed as she returned the Oakland President's hug, "Yeah. It's been awhile."

"This is Izzy Lowman. Family of SOA in Charming. Known her since she was a little girl." Everyone seemed to relax as Alvarez introduced her.

"See? Just a big misunderstanding," One Mayan said, walking towards Izzy with an apologetic smile, "Taza." He shook her hand.

"Riz."

"Bishop."

"Creeper."

"Angel."

"You should stay for dinner," Chucky said, "Give us a little time to reminisce."

"Actually," Marcus interrupted, "I'd like to talk to you for a minute, Izzy."