Veintitrés/Twenty Three

[a/n: season 3 is FINALLY here!]

With the border shut down, things in Santo Padre were more tense than ever. Unemployment and crime were at an all time high. People were suffering, families were suffering, children were suffering, people who just wanted to work were suffering. Izzy spent all of her time at work and when she wasn't working, she was at home alone. Her Uncle Happy had taken off to Charming, California to deal with club business with SOA that he still refused to tell her anything about. He took Ope with him so she truly was all alone.

The sound of a motorcycle had her smiling, drifting away from her dark thoughts as she unlocked the front door. She continued her task, digging through the cabinets and throwing expired things away. She heard a light knock on the door before it opened and EZ appeared, "Hey."

"Hey yourself." Izzy grinned, "What's up?"

"Not much. Not needed at the clubhouse right now, so I thought I'd stop by and bother you." She felt his hands on her hips, as she balanced on a chair, "What are you doing?"

"Throwing away these old spices."

"Spices can expire?"

"No, but they can sure as hell lose their flavor." Izzy handed him a bottle of four year old cumin, "Taste it and tell me what you think."

"I'll trust your judgment." He dropped it into the trashcan, squeezing her hips, "Come down for a minute."

Izzy stepped off of the chair and turned around, standing up on her tiptoes, as EZ wrapped his arms around her, "What?"

"I missed you." He grinned, leaning down and kissing her.

She fisted his shirt, dragging him back down for a longer kiss when he pulled away, "EZ?"

"Come on." She pressed up against him, "It's okay. I promise."

"It's still creepy." He looked around, "It's your Uncle's house. I keep expecting him to walk in here."

"Well, he's not here."

"Still haven't heard anything?"

"Nope."

His ringing phone made them step apart. He excused himself, answering it and stepping into the living room. Izzy sorted through the old extracts and expired yeasts, tossing them into the trash as well.

"You're gonna need a new bag." EZ chuckled, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

Izzy nodded, not able to wipe the stupid smile off of her face, "You have to go?"

"Angel telling me about Church."

Izzy watched him tie the full bag and lift it up out of the trashcan, walking towards the front door as she followed behind him, "You be careful."

"I will." He kissed her, grinning at her giggles, trailing kisses down her neck.

"Stop. You're gonna leave marks."

"Doesn't bother me."

"Go before you get into trouble."