Trece/Thirteen

Not much has been said between Happy and Izzy the last two days. She spent all her time at work, and when she wasn't at work, she was out avoiding him. The only new information he shared with her was that a few Sons were coming down to see him and he had shit to do. Izzy also met some kid he was sponsoring, Hallorann.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"What are you doing?"

"You talk to EZ? About what we have to do?"

"Yes."

"You know where he is?"

"I'm not sure. He called to place the club's order about an hour ago."

"Not EZ. Jimenez. Do you know how to contact him? Tell me, Pop."

"I don't know."

"If I don't do it, Pop, he's- he's-"

"I tried. I'm sorry. It made sense, but I- I couldn't do it. I wanted to, but but I'm not him anymore."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You and your brother- You can't just kill Jimenez."

"I can. And I have to."

"No."

"I know why you protected him. I get it. It hurts, pop. Knowing how much you and mom adored him. But I'm not fucking stupid. EZ's special. He doesn't belong here with me in this dead fucking town. That's why I got to do this. You were right. I made my choice, and I'm good with it. Tell me where he is. Jimenez. Please, Pop. Tell me where I can find him."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Ezekiel. The hour draws nigh."

"I know."

"Do you know? Well, in case you want to know, I'm sending an address. Your, uh, task has a lunch date. Should keep him there for the next hour or so. After that, he'll be on the move and I may have to farm out the job to another independent player. That leaves you and Angel."

"I know. I'll handle it."

EZ is still driving the van when Potter calls him with an address he can be found at. He drives to Jimenez's house where he sees Angel has already beat him to it. Jimenez answers the door and Angel pulls a gun on him.

The two have a struggle where Jimenez gets the best of Angel before EZ comes in. During the ensuing chaos, Angel manages to shoot Jimenez, but they also kill Jimenez's boss in the confusion.

Potter comes by and assesses their situation. While denying that he planned to set this up, Potter isn't exactly phased by the loss of Jimenez's boss and begins to help the brothers clean up the area.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

It's late when the Sons call Happy and tell him they made it to the Mayans compound before he rides up there. Chucky greets him with a hug and so do his brothers. It's almost pitch black out when someone turns on the outdoor lights to keep the party going. People are dancing, chatting, eating, drinking... just like a regular mc get together. Somewhere among the crowd, Alvarez finds Happy, "Heard you were still in town."

"Ride from my house was still long." Happy joked, making Alvarez chuckle. The Sons who traveled hours to get here heard him, flipped him off, and shouted insults.