Treinta Y Ocho/Thirty Eight

After weeks of radio silence from Letty and Hope, Izzy tracked them down one Friday afternoon. She stood inside Louie's living room, declining his offer of a drink, and waited for them to show up.

"They should be here soon." Louie said, talking over the awkward silence.

"When's the last time Letty called you?" She asked.

"Few days ago. Said she wanted to talk." He shrugged.

They listened as the sound of car doors closing alerted them to another presence. Louie stood up from the couch, looking out the window, before unlocking the front door and calling out, "Hey."

Izzy watched as Letty and Hope entered the room and Louie shut the door behind them. She leaned back against the wall, crossing her arms, "Hi."

"Izzy?" Letty and Hope shared a look before glancing at Louie who shrugged, "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" Izzy asked, "Geez, I wonder... maybe it has something to do with the fact that you two have dropped off of the face of the Earth and I haven't spoken to you in weeks!"

"I-"

"I'm gonna stop that bullshit fucking lie that's gonna come out of your mouth right now and just tell you this," She sighed, "I know shit's been hard since you lost Coco, but you have to accept the fact that there are other people who care about you and wanna know you're okay. Do you know how worried I've been? I get that you're both adults, I do, and you can do whatever you want... just... give me a heads up that you're still breathing."

Letty was quiet, refusing to meet her sight. Hope looked between them, "Actually, Izzy, there is something-"

"Hope!" Letty yelled, hissing at her, "Shut the fuck up!"

"No, Letty-"

"Shut the fuck up!"

After more silence, Izzy sighed. "You don't have to tell me whatever the fuck that was about. I just wanna know: Letty, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Her friend quickly replied.

"Okay. Fine." Izzy ran a hand down her face, giving Hope a small smile, "I really like the new hair. It was nice to meet you, Louie. I'm gonna go now."

Before Izzy left, she handed Hope something. The second that the door was closed, Letty got into an arguement with Louie about needing to score more cash for the months of unpaid rent they owed on the house. After a quick conversation, Letty muttered under her breath and dragged Hope back out to the car.

"Letty." Hope said, watching as she started the car and went to turn up the radio.

"What?"

"It has your name on it." She handed it over.

Letty took the folded up piece of paper with her name scribbled on the back in Izzy's handwriting. She scrunched her face up in confusion as she unfolded the paper and stared at Izzy's name printed at the top and the name of the local laboratory printed in the opposite corner. She was confused as she scanned a page with Izzy's blood test results before Hope gasped, pointing, "Oh, my God. She's pregnant."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Come here. Inside, mijo. Play with Maria. What'd I tell you?"

"Look, Miguel..."

"I told you I never wanted to see you."

"I brought you something. Your mother... used to write me. She wanted me to know you. That's all I want to do. I want you to know us."