Veintisèis/Twenty Six

The moving situation didn't go as planned. EZ promised he wanted a place with her so when Izzy went to realtors and looked around at places in different neighborhoods, he never accompanied her or seemed interested in looking with her. After a shift at work, Izzy confronted him about it, wanting to hear his true feelings about the idea when he brushed her off and told her he was "busy with club business." Izzy continued with her plans, found a small two bedroom home she could afford herself, and moved out of her Uncle's house.

As she was unpacking her belongings, she ignored EZ's text messages and phone calls, instructing Letty on what went where. The girl eyed her ringing cell phone, "Aren't you going to get that?"

"I'm not."

"What did he do?"

"It's what he didn't do."

"Why isn't he here helping you unpack your stuff?"

"Letty."

"Oh... sorry."

Izzy declined his incoming call and rolled her eyes, turning her ringer down. The sound of a approaching motorcycle had Letty opening the front door, looking out, "It's Coco. Be right back."

As Izzy continued unboxing things for the kitchen, Letty grabbed her bag and bid her goodbye, "I gotta go. Coco's being an asshole."

"Thanks for helping me. I'll see you later." She stood up and hugged the girl, watching her leave.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"I've been thinking... about... about all the shit I've fucked up over the years. And I got a lot of regrets. But there's one thing that I'll never regret. One thing I know I did right. You don't have to fight anymore. We can build a life here... together."

"Angel."

"Hey. You don't have to say anything right now. Just think about it."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

Chucky followed Izzy through the crowded mall, smiling at the old friend, "It's so good to see you again. It's been a long time."

"I know." Izzy agreed, "Where have you been?"

"Hasn't been much need for me at the clubhouse so I'm just staying home, talking to old friends."

"I bet Coco's missed you."

"I've missed mi amigo, también."

"Have you seen any Sons recently?"

"I saw your Uncle Happy a few days ago."

"Really?"

"Stopped by, told me he wasn't going to be around as much. Told me to call him if there was anything going on with you."

"Wow." Izzy laughed, "What an ass."

"Family problems?"

"You can say that. I just think he's being too protective. Overprotective. Still treating me like a teenager. Oh, well, you can let him know, I've moved out."