Once/Eleven

It was nearly midnight when Coco and EZ showed up at the compound after burying Celia's body in the desert because, as Coco said, "'She fucking hated the desert.'" Coco woke up Letty and had to have the conversation with her while EZ was suprised to find another person in his trailer.

Izzy opened her eyes, still sleepy, while she noticed EZ standing near the door, watching Letty and Coco walk off. She sat up, rubbing her eyes, "I'm sorry. Leticia said it would be okay."

"It's fine." EZ said, closing the trailer door, "Did she call you?"

"Yeah. I was at work. Thought I'd come over to calm her down. She was freaking out," Izzy explained.

"I was supposed to be watching her," EZ sat down across from her, "So, thanks for that. Today didn't go as I planned."

"She told me she hurt herself."

"Yeah."

"She's gone, right?"

"Yeah." EZ confirmed, remembering how custom to the lifestyle Izzy already was. It didn't scare her, or freak her out, like it would to someone who's not used to this sort of life. He didn't know what to think of the whole Celia situation. What's done is done and it really wasn't any of his business. He was just a prospect. He did what he was told.

"I haven't seen you in awhile."

"I know."

"I just wanted to apologize if what happened truly upset you-"

"No, EZ," Izzy shook her head, "It's not that. I just don't think it would be good for anyone if I got too close to the club, or became a regular around here. I mean, yeah, I miss Chucky... but the Sons are my family."

"What about Alvarez? You consider him family?"

"Him too, I guess," Izzy laughed, "Everything was so different in Charming. We moved out here because- Santo Padre is supposed to be a fresh start. So many people died. I lost a lot of family. It was funeral after funeral. Something the Sons will never get over."

"Jax Teller." EZ said, knowingly.

"Jax, Opie..." Izzy said, as she thought of them, "And so many others."

After a moment, Izzy cleared her throat, "Look at me? Complaining. You lost people too. You know what it's like."

"My mom was everything." EZ revealed, "She kept our family together. When she was gone, I didn't know how to exist in a world without her."

"Can I ask you something?" Izzy continued as he nodded, "Why did you want to patch in? After everything, how did you know this was what you wanted to do?"

"My brother. I wanted to be with Angel, watch out for him, protect him, even if he was the oldest. I felt like, after our mom, I couldn't leave him. I had to stay by his side. I couldn't leave my family," EZ spoke, looking out the blinds, "Couldn't abandon him... or my father."

"It's incredibly dangerous. But, then again, I'm not a member."

"Times are changing. Sexism is dying," EZ threw in a lighthearted joke, watching Izzy smile.

Izzy's phone lit up and she noticed the time. It was almost twelve thirty in the morning, "Wow. It's late."

"You mean, early."

"Shut up." Izzy smirked, gathering her stuff before standing up, "I'll quit bothering you now."

EZ followed her outside. Coco was smoking a cigarette and nodded before walking over, "Thank you for watching Letty."

"No problem." Izzy smiled at Coco, "I should be heading home. I wanted to talk to Alvarez before I left... is he here?"

"Went home already." Coco replied.

"Is everything alright?" EZ asked.

"Yeah. I wanted to see when my car would be ready."

"I'm taking Letty home. Thanks for your help today, Boy Scout." Coco parted ways and went into the clubhouse to get his daughter.

"I can talk to Alvarez for you. Tomorrow." EZ offered, "Do you need a ride home?"

"I don't wanna bother-"

"Come on. Faster than a car." EZ smirked and pointed towards his bike parked alongside the others, "Not a problem, really."

"Okay, thank you."

Izzy followed him over to his bike.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Yeah?"

"I'm looking for Angel."

"It's my brother."

"I'm EZ."

"This is Coco."

"Sorry about your mom."

"That guy's wound a little tight."

"Yeah. He just got back from Iraq, but he's cool though. He knows a lot about guns. Helped me get this. You sure about this, little brother?"

"Yeah. It's just for protection."

"From what?"

"You really gonna ask me that?"

"You gotta let this shit go, man. You keep going deeper down this hole-"

"I know. I can't help it."

"It was a junkie who killed Mom looking for cash."

"That's what the cops said. There was no money taken."

"I know!"

"It doesn't make sense."

"That's the whole fucking point, Ezekiel. It's fucked up. You- you can't figure it out. It's not a fucking math problem. Whoever it was, they're long gone."

"The Wildcat sticker was from El Centro High School. The car belongs to a local."

"Jesus fucking Christ. Don't make me sorry I got you that."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

Izzy made EZ park one block away from her Uncle's house. She didn't want to chance him catching her with a mayan. It would lead to unnecessary drama.

"I wanted to tell you something..." Izzy started, standing on the sidewalk while EZ sat on his bike, "This guy, this DEA agent, Kevin Jimenez? He's been around here before. Asking me about you. Told me you were cousins."

"What?" The anger and annoyance on his face didn't go unnoticed, "It's complicated. I'm sorry."

"Club business, I understand. Just thought I should tell you. He must've saw me around the clubhouse or talking to you in town."

"If he comes around here again, tell him to come find me. Okay?"

"Okay." Izzy nodded, "Thanks for the ride. Good night, EZ."

"Good night, Izzy."

Izzy took about two steps before EZ said her name. She turned around and saw him smiling, "For the record, I like it when you bother me." She laughed as he started his bike and watched him dissapear down the street.

When Izzy made it home, the dog was barking loudly. Her Uncle's motorcycle wasn't out front and she thanked God. He wasn't home yet.