Treinta/Thirty

[a/n: season 4 has arrived. enjoy this early update. thanks for the continued support. xx]

"911. What's your emergency?"

"Hurry, please."

"What the fսck is wrong with you? We don't fսcking call the cops. Ever."

Izzy sighs and continues to wash the dishes from dinner by herself. She peeks at her cell phone, which is blasting music from Spotify, and frowns at her several unread text messages to EZ. It's been several hours since he left, announcing his departure to the clubhouse, and she hasn't heard anything. It's unlike him. She finishes drying the rest of the dishes and grabs her phone, shuts off her music, and clicks on EZ's contact name, listening to it ring and ring and ring before going to voicemail, "Hey, it's me. It's getting late. I don't know where you are, but I'm gonna wait for you at the clubhouse. When you're finished with whatever you're doing, meet me there. Love you."

The Santo Padre charter is under attack. It's pouring rain, dead mayans line the ground, blood stains each and every man armed with weapons. The nonstop sound of gunfire, bullets spraying against the building, is interrupted by the gut wrenching screams of men who are hit and killed. Many, injured and furious, stagger off back outside the gates and wait for assistance, trying to stop the bleeding, their adrenaline and anger outweighing their overwhelming fear. The group of men outside the gates continue to fight against the ones inside the gates, hidden inside the building lined with dozens of bullet holes. The screaming continues, the war echoing in the desert around them, far enough away, the pouring rain drowns out their fighting as Izzy gets inside her car and drives towards it all.

"I'm out!"

"Me, too."

"Bish, what's the plan?"

"What's the fսcking plan?"

"We die."

"You want to know why we're fսcking here right now?! Do you want to fսcking know why?"

"Hey! Will you two just fսcking stop? I ain't trying to die today! Fսck. I got too much to fսcking live for! I got too much to fսcking die for."

"Pres! What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

Rosa's screaming can be heard from out front, in the lot, as she bleeds to death. The remaining huddle together inside. EZ and Angel look at one another, desperately trying to form another plan as daylight isn't too far away. They all pray they'll live to see it.

Izzy is stuck behind the wreck of a car accident and patiently waits until she is instructed to drive around. She keeps checking her phone. Still nothing. She sighs, again, noticing how low her gas has gotten. She decides to make a quick stop at the gas station before heading to the clubhouse.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"If they come through that door, I don't know what they'll do. If we get through this.... If we get through this... Listen, look at me. Nothing will ever tear me away from you or the baby. Take this. There's one bullet left. Don't let them hurt you. I won't be able to do it. Look, they got to get through me first, but... don't let them hurt the baby."

"Hey. No, nothing's wrong. I knew you'd be up. I-I need you to call the landlord tomorrow. Have him come by and fix the back step. You're gonna fall, Ma. And what if I'm not there? You won't be bothering him. Call him today. Please. Good. Me, too."