Doce/Twelve

Another early morning making breakfast before she headed off to work. Izzy made plates for both herself and Happy. She tied her hair back after turning off the oven and sat down at the kitchen table, already wearing her scrubs. Happy strolled in, "Hey, kid."

"Good morning," Izzy didn't even know what to say to him. It seemed that they both were keeping a lot of secrets.

"Haven't really talked to you..." Happy sat down.

"Yeah. Work's been busy." Izzy gave her classic excuse, "What? Not exactly like you're here all day either."

"I told you-"

"Yeah. Club business," Izzy finished for him, standing up, "I've been hearing that my whole life."

Happy scoffed at her attitude and stood up, "I have work to do too." His voice dripped with sarcasm.

Izzy rolled her eyes as she carried her things out the front door and waited for her friend on the sidewalk.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"You're my brother, and I love you. I could never give you up. So your lie is now my lie. Our secret. We'll do whatever this thing for Potter is, put it behind us, then you're free to go."

"Nothing makes sense anymore, Angel. Shit that I thought I wanted-"

"I don't care what you want. I'm telling you're free to go. Explain to Bishop this was a mistake, the life ain't for you, hand in your cut, then you leave. The MC, Santo Padre, I don't care where you go."

"Angel-"

"No. That's the only way you make this thing right. You walk away for good. So you never forget what you did. How you betrayed me."

"Los hermanos, Reyes

"Los hermanos, Reyes. I assume you're both listening."

"Yeah."

"I just sent each of you a text message with the details of your task. Needs to be finished by the end of the day tomorrow."

"What?"

"What the fuck is this?"

"I told you I wouldn't ask you to do anything you hadn't done before. Killing a member of law enforcement, that should come easy EZ."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

Things were complicated between the Reyes brothers right now. EZ stopped by his father's shop to talk.