Uno/One

Even nearly four years after the heartbreaking events of the Sons of Anarchy charter in Northern Cali, Izzy still had a hard time believing this was reality. After the loss of Dr. Tara Knowles and Jackson Teller, her Uncle Happy was never the same. The Sons were lost without their born leader and torn apart from all the deceit and manipulation. Nero Padilla and Wendy ran off with Thomas and Abel after their father and grandmother's funeral. Izzy didn't blame them, the town seemed forever cursed after the shocking events blasted all over their local news channels 24/7. The last thing those kids needed to see or hear was anything that would confuse them more. It seemed that all the Redwood Originals were truly gone.

Izzy stood in front of the kitchen sink, the water running on a warm enough temperature, and her sleeves rolled up to her elbows as she washed the dishes. She waited to hear the familiar sound of her Uncle's motorcycle outside. Then, she'd finally be able to sleep... knowing he was home and safe.

Happy may be her Uncle, but he had always been like a father to her. His sister, her mother, chose a life of drugs and her father was gone before she was even born. Izzy was raised by her grandmother. Her Uncle Happy had always been close to his mom so he was always around too. They both struggled at times, but they raised her as best as they could. She stayed out of trouble and went to school anyway. One year after Jax's death, Izzy's grandma died and it put an even bigger hole in her Uncle's heart. They ended up leaving after she graduated high school and ended up here. Down South, but still close enough to home. The heat made Izzy hate it at times, but it felt nice knowing noone knew of her past around here. She went to a junior college and got her medical assistant diploma and certification. Pediatrics has been her life since.

Izzy finished washing the dishes, and had just turned off the faucet, when Happy rolled up. He got off his bike and went inside, his heavy boots hitting against the ground loudly, "Iz?"

"In here," Izzy gave him a small smile as he entered the kitchen, "Dinner's in the microwave."

"Thanks," Her Uncle busied himself with taking off the tinfoil and heating his plate, "Going to bed already?"

"Yup. Tomorrow's Monday. Shift starts at 7."

"Alright. Thanks for dinner, kid. Night." Happy hugged his niece and watched her dissapear down the hallway. He had to admit, he was skeptical of her wanting to move all the way down here with him, but he was glad she did. He couldn't imagine himself living alone after having her around for so long. Sure she was legally an adult, but he didn't want her to fly away from the nest right after high school. It was clear she was comfortable with him, and wanted to stay with him, even more so after all the shit that went down with SOA. He tore himself away from his thoughts of when he patched into the club and grabbed his warmed dinner out of the microwave. After grabbing a beer, and kicking his boots off, he sat down on the couch and turned the tv on a low volume. His dog, Ope, came over and laid down at his feet.

Izzy snuggled up under her warm covers and remembered life in Charming, California. She hoped her memories of Santo Padre, California were only good and not as mixed as back home. They hadn't even been here for a whole month yet.