Veintinueve/Twenty Nine

"Sorry about yesterday. Been fucked up lately. Saw Adelita."

"Shit. When?"

"Few days ago."

"They let her out? Is she okay?"

"Nah. She's not."

"The baby? Oh, fuck."

"My little boy."

"I'm so fucking sorry, Angel."

"When she showed up back out of the blue like that, I told myself, "Don't ever let her out of your sight. Don't ever let her go again." But... I... I wasn't enough for her to stay."

"You're gonna get another shot, man. You'll meet the right girl and... have a family."

"Nails. She's pregnant."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"It's crazy, I know. But... maybe this was how it was all supposed to go down. I ain't gonna fuck this up. This is my second chance."

"You're gonna be a great dad. You'll be a great dad. But, bro, do me a favor. You gonna start wrapping that shit. You can't go around fucking knocking everybody up."

"Oh, bro, I can't help it. I got the 100 proof baby juice."

"Oh, my God. You're fucking gross."

"It's nature."

After Angel picked up EZ from jail, he dropped his brother off at the shop. EZ got out, greeted his dad while he entered the quiet shop, and looked around for any sight of Izzy, "Hey, Pop. I thought Izzy might be here."

"She hasn't stopped by today." Felipe told him.

"She okay?" EZ asked, worried.

"What happened?"

"I fucked up."

"Why?"

"Because I'm fucked up." EZ said, stressed that she didn't answer any of his calls and left him in jail overnight. He was panicking, reaching his breaking point, "You know, when I was a little boy, I looked at mom's book of Goya's paintings. And this one print... God, I've never been able to shake it. A dog is swimming in the ocean, and you tell he's about to get swallowed up by this wave. He's not gonna make it. He's gonna drown. That's how I've always felt. Like I'm about to be swallowed up by something. Pop, I... I spent my whole life trying to lock it away. But now the things I gonna do for the club... the things I've done... Izzy, though. She feels like... she feels like a lifeline. I can't lose her, Pop. I'm gonna go find her. I've never told anyone that before. I love you, Pop."

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"Shit. If all I knew was I had to almost die to get you to clean up after yourself..."

"I couldn't sleep. I figured, um, fresh starts and all that. For both of us. Um, I said some fucked up shit the other day. Sorry."

"What's that?"

"I made a list of rehabs."

"Nah. I-I ain't going to no dog kennel."

"Uh, no, they're-they're real ones."

"Man, we can't afford that shit."

"Well, maybe I was thinking the club could help."