Treinta Y Tres/Thirty Three

After another long day at work, Izzy was in the office cleaning up before heading out. She stood in front of the building, waiting for her Uber to show up, when her phone wouldn't stop ringing. She answered EZ's call, "Hello?"

"Izzy, you off work?"

"Yeah. Heading over to Nails' place in a minute. What's wrong?"

"Coco's dead."

Izzy took a deep breath, "What? When?"

"Sometime last night."

"Jesus. I'm so sorry. God, Letty and Hope-"

"That's why I was calling. Figured I'd see if you were there with them-"

"Yeah. I'll, uh, I'll-I'll stay with them after I grab something from Angel's place... EZ-"

"Yeah?"

"Is there anything I can do?"

"I'll call you if... when I know more."

"Okay. Be careful."

"Yeah. Thanks."

After arriving at Nails' place, she stood outside and ran her hands through her hair... thinking about everything she'd heard from the Sons in Charming about a war. She wondered, what charter was involved in this? Was her Uncle?

"You okay?"

Izzy flinched, her heart racing, and took a deep breath, finally noticing Felipe standing by his truck.

"Yes? No?"

"Well... let's go inside?"

The front door opened and they watched a panting Nails exit the house with blood running down her thighs.

"Shit." Izzy ran up to her, Felipe following.

"I think the baby's coming." Nails said, clenching her eyes shut in pain. They helped her get in Felipe's truck and headed to the hospital. Nails was exhausted, in pain, as she leaned against Izzy and explained how she was trying to finish painting the mural in the nursery by herself.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

"What about Sons, huh? Retaliation for that hit in Berdoo."

"You fսcking idiots did that months ago against my orders. Why would they wait to hit us now? Charming knows I'm back in the fold."

"Well, Happy is the type to hold a grudge, Padrino."

"Me and Happy... we got no issues. You got something to say?"

"Fսck Happy. And fսck every Son. I don't trust any of them. A brother got hit, a Santo Padre brother. I don't even trust everyone at this table." EZ was angry as he glared at the opposing side of the table.

"Wait, what the fսck you trying to say, mοthеrfսckеr?" Canche glared right back, scoffing, "Shit. Listen to you... talking like you ain't fucking his niece, huh, one of those gring-"

EZ, remembering Canche pointing a gun to the back of Izzy's head and how scared she looked, flew across the table and grabbed his cut, swinging his fist and hitting him across the face as hard as he could. Every member jumped to their feet as their Pres screamed, banging his gavel on the table. Canche was held back, ordered to sit the fuck down, and everyone took their seats. EZ watched Canche wipe the blood dripping down his face, continuing with their previous conversation, despite the tension, "No one from Yuma got hit."