EPILOGUE: It all started with a CALL

JENNIE's POV

It's true. I've realized how important Lisa is to me when I lost her. I've realized it all when she was gone. When she ignored me. Whenever I call her numbers and no one answers but the operator. I've realized how much I love her. I've realized that whenever Kai is around and she's not with me, that's when I'm scared the most. I was scared whenever I see Kai but her arms, comforting me, is all I need to forget him. But almost a month has passed, that's when I'm terrified.. without her.

I saw my bodyguards behind Lisa while we're hugging. I looked at them. I just saw how they slow down and turned their backs again. I think, they saw Kai that's why they ran to find me. But they saw Lisa is with me right now, hugging me, and turned back. I guess, my mother talked to them already.

We released the hug and she looks at me. She wipes my tears and that's when I noticed her knuckles. I hold her hand and looks at it. She just chuckled and shook her head.

"It's fine.. the redness will fade, Nini.. don't worry, okay.." she pecked on my head again and hugged me.

Right. I heard some groaning when the girls were busy comforting me inside the restroom. They even heard it too that's why Chaeng went out to see.

"Hey.. I'll just submit my report. You don't have classes anymore, right?"

I just nodded while wiping my tears with her help. She nodded and wipes her tears too.

"Let's go somewhere.. to catch up. I really missed you."

"There's really nothing to catch up on, Lili.. nothing happened to me the previous weeks."

"Then let me make it up with you.."

If this didn't happen, we could've surprised my parents on their anniversary last two weeks ago. If none of this has happened, we could've celebrated our 100th days already. But that decision, one decision my mother has made, ruined everything.

During those weeks, I've never looked at my parents the same way when I've met Lisa. I've never talked to them the same way again. I ignored them again just like what I did before I met her. And I know, they noticed that. I was always in my room, studying, or listening to our Ocean Eyes.. to our own song. I was always in my room, crying.

I tried messaging her to ask her about the photo she was about to use to join that photography contest because I've talked to my friend about it and he asked for it. But my message has never sent. She blocked me on SNS. I tried texting her number but I guess she has never received them. She was willing to forget about me because of what happened. I wonder how hurt she was.. or still.. to do those things.

It hurts. It hurts me a lot thinking about it.

But I can't make myself be mad at her. I can't blame her about everything because I know she's hurt too.

I've never let go of her hand until we reached her car. That's the only time I let go of her hand because she needs to go to the driver's seat and me, on the shotgun. But after she shifted the gear to drive, I didn't hesitate to hold her hand again.

I can't imagine how painful I've felt when she was gone. But it slowly fades when she hugged me earlier. I'm still hurt but she's with me now. We're together again. And I am not planning on letting go of her hand ever again. I've never let go of it even when we stopped in front of a house?

"Why are we here?" I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled.

"I've been wanting my parents to meet you. And I guess, this is the time? Nini, is that okay?"