Chapter 9: The girl on the other line

TP's POV

After they eat, Lisa and Jennie decided to walk for a while. They reached the end of the wooden platform above the sea. The night breeze embracing them. Both of them stared at the horizon. The last rays of the sun before it sets hit their faces. Their hairs are being messed by the wind.

Lisa reached for Jennie's hair and fixes them. Jennie chuckled and tucks her hair in the back of her ear. Lisa smiled at her and suddenly messed her hair.

"Yah! Haish!" Jennie mutters and fixes her hair again. Lisa just laughed but then helped her fixed her hair again.

Lisa fixed her hair too and stared at the sun dipping in the horizon. She turned to Jennie again while smiling.

"Are you full? Or you wanna eat again?"

Jennie chuckled and caressed her tummy.

"I'm satisfied." She replied, both of them laughed.

Then both of them becomes serious. Lisa stared at Jennie.

"How are you, Jennie Kim?" she asked as she stared at the dark sea. The sun has set.

"I'm fine, Lisa. I know everything happened so fast but I can manage."

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Whenever something happened, you remained composed and don't want others to see how hurt you are.. how much you wanted to cry. You looked so brave in front of us, but cries when you reached your room." Lisa utters but not looking at Jennie.

But Jennie looks at her. Her chest started to pound. She gulped and took a deep breath.

"How do you know I cry?"

Lisa got stiffen. She didn't even notice her words. She didn't choose what words to say.

"J-Just a hunch?" Lisa replied but then gulped.

"Lisa.."

"Hm?"

Jennie bent her head but then turned to Lisa. She holds her wrist and pulled her gently to face her.

"How did you know my number?"

"H-Ha?" Lisa asked with a little gasp.

"I've never texted or called any of you yet because Jisoo unnie added me to the group chat. How did you know my number, Lisa?"

This time, Lisa knows Jennie got her. Lisa took a deep breath and faced the sea again. Jennie pulled her again to face her.

"Lisa.. please.." Jennie bent her head while clenching her eyes.

"I-Is it you?"

Lisa gulped. Both of their hearts are throbbing in nervousness. Lisa took Jennie's hand and put her phone on her palm.

"Why don't you try it, Jennie-ssi?" Lisa mumbles and gulped again.

Jennie's still keeping her head low and slowly took out her phone. Lisa is just watching her and heard her sniffles. With shaky hands, Jennie went to her logs and touched the number she always calls. Lisa's phone vibrates. Jennie covered her mouth and cries hard. She doesn't even know why she's crying. Lisa pulled her and hugged her tight. Jennie's gripping both of their phones tight while Lisa hugs her.

"D-Did y-you know it was me before I told you?" Jennie tries to ask between her cries.

"I knew it the time when I heard you talked for the first time. When we accidentally bumped each other at the cafeteria."