Chapter 28: Team Leader

LISA's POV

I don't know what she's thinking right now. We are busy listening to her mother while telling us on what she knows about baking. Even her father is listening attentively. I think, I'm the only one who's distracted right now.

What happened earlier still lingers on my mind. I can't unsee it. I can't unfeel it. And I swear to God, if I had another boner here, I'd fucking dash out of their house without looking back. Shocks! God help me!

"Mom, how did you know all of this?"

"I've been baking here ever since, I already memorized the recipé." Her mother chuckled. And so is her dad.

"Honey, pass me the bowl." Mrs. Kim said to her husband and he immediately grabbed one.

"No, the bigger bowl."

"Oh.. sorry." He chuckled.

Mrs. Kim gave it to Jennie and I am just watching her while she started with the flour.

"Why do engineers have to measure everything?" her father said.

"Dad, eventhough you're not an engineer, you have to measure this. Duh!"

"But you're too precise."

"This is my first time baking.. so please. I have to follow whatever mom is saying."

Mrs. Kim and I giggled with these two.

"This is the recipé of the cake I baked on your birthday. And you loved it." Her mom gave her a piece of paper and Jennie reads it.

"So, this is what we're gonna bake?" Jennie asks. Her mother hummed as a reply while nodding.

It took us almost half an hour to finish with the cake then her mother started with the icing.

"Dad, will you do the honor of putting this inside the oven, please.." Jennie chuckled. Her father immediately approached her and grabbed the tray.

"Come here, you two." we walked closer to her mom.

She started talking again and I'm busy staring at Jennie. She has some flours on her chubby cheeks when we were mixing the dough and she still hasn't wiped it. She didn't even notice. She looks so cute and excited all the time. She really loves this.

"Lis, the mixer..?"

"O-Oh.. wait. Sorry."

I didn't know her mother's been calling me already. Why am I so distracted right now? Damn! I gave the electric mixer to Jennie and she started mixing.

"Can you not stare at it? Come here and wash all of this, mister."

We turned to her dad and mom. He's literally waiting for the cake to be cooked in the oven. We just giggled on him. Jennie stopped for a while and dipped her index finger on the icing and tasted it.

"It tastes so good." She mumbled.

"Come on, taste it."

She dipped her finger again. I thought she's going to let me taste but she suddenly rubbed it on my cheek.

"Yah!"

And I should take my revenge. I did it to her too. She squealed and we just played in the kitchen. Her parents laughed at us but Jennie put some icing on her father's face too. Jennie ran around her mom while her father is chasing her. I just laughed at the scene. Her father can't even chase her. Then my eyes widen when he took his revenge on me instead.

"Yah! Dad!" Jennie glared at him and approached me. Then her father laughed and rubs icing on Jennie's cheeks.

We're just having fun in their kitchen.