Chapter 5: Box-Out

JENNIE's POV

I woke up early because today is the safety seminar. We should be in school on time because the attendance will be sent to our professor before the clock hits 8AM.

I ran outside the house. I even heard my mom calling but I don't have time to eat or else, I'll be late. I approached the highway and stretched my arm to call for a taxi but they are all occupied. I look at my watch and I know I still have time yet but I really wanna go early.

I don't wanna be a burden anymore. I don't wanna make my father more upset to me than he is right now. I am really trying.

I stretched my arm again but the taxi didn't stop. Ghad! I wanna cry. This is annoying.

"God, please! Just one. Just this time. Any help!" I scowled my frustration.

Ghad! I remember that our room assignment for today is on the fifth floor. I need a taxi right now. I called for another but it's occupied again and passed through. UGH!

I glanced at the bus stop and there's so many people waiting. I can't take the bus right now or else, I'll be standing again.

•••••

TP's POV

There's a bus coming towards the bus stop. Lisa's busy on her headsets when she saw someone. She saw how she struggles calling for a taxi. She removed her headsets and tries her best to pass through some people and talked to the driver to wait a second. She got down.

"Kim Jennie-ssi! Palli!"

Lisa motioned her hand and calls Jennie. The frustration is seen on Jennie's face but if she won't go, she'll be late. Lisa's been pushed by the other passengers. She just glared at them and turned to Jennie again.

"Hurry! Or both of us will be late!" Lisa shouted again.

Jennie clenched her eyes but then ran fast to Lisa. Unconsciously, Lisa held her wrist and pulled her immediately before the bus moves.

Jennie gasped and saw all the people. Lisa roamed her eyes and looked for vacancy but no.

She pulled Jennie and walks inside. She puts Jennie's hand on the handle above them.

"Hold tight. We are going to stand." She said.

People are swinging whenever the bus moves. And Lisa noticed how Jennie is getting annoyed by the man behind her whenever the bus hits the breaks. Lisa chuckled but then moved to her other side.

"Excuse me, sir.. excuse me.." Lisa mumbles and then gripped on the head rest of the chair. She's trying so hard to keep her balance every time the people moves to avoid from bumping to Jennie.

Jennie keeps on glancing at Lisa and stared at her arm. Her muscles keep on bulging every time the bus moves. She averted her gaze and gripped the handle tight. She gulped and just focused on the road outside.

The bus suddenly breaks hard when they heard the buzz. The force causes the people behind them to bump against Lisa. Her grip slides from the headrest and her body got pressed to Jennie.

"Woahw!"

Lisa's eyes widen and unconsciously supports Jennie by her waist while her right hand leaned on the headrest in front of them. Jennie's chest got tight when she felt Lisa's hand on her waist and trying her best to calm down.

People kept on pushing because they're at another bus stop again. Jennie tries her best to balance and unconsciously leaned over Lisa's hand on the headrest. People are walking behind them trying to pass through until the passengers are lessen.