Chapter 19: Father's sin

TP's POV

Kai is sitting cozily inside a room while puffing his cigarette. Kris is standing near the table while pouring some brandy in two glasses. He faced Kai and gave him one.

Then a girl went out from another room. She approached Kris and looked at him intently. The guy smirked and took something out from his pocket. A roll of dollar bills and showed it to the girl. The girl was about to grab but Kris dodges her hand and smirked.

"What?" the girl retorted.

Kris raised his brow while looking down at the girl. She groaned loudly and grasped Kris' nape and pulled him. Kai just chuckled and shook his head. The girl jogged her way out of the room, leaving the two.

Kris dropped himself on the couch in front of Kai and drinks.

"So?" Kris mumbles and looked at him intently.

"Krystal will be here in few minutes. Fine. We're going to do it your way." Kai said and drinks.

Kris smirked and picked up his phone from the table. He called someone.

"Boys, we'll do it now." Kris said and dropped the call. Kai's grin is visible on his face when Kris put his phone back on the table.

•••••

Lisa is lying to her bed while her arm is on her forehead. She can't help but to think what Jennie just told her the other day. And it keeps bothering her mind. She glanced at her phone and it's already 9PM. She hasn't heard something about Jennie yet. Or even a call. She got up and starting to get worried.

She tried to call Jennie's phone but it's busy or out of coverage. She stood up from her bed and walks back and forth. She tried to call her again but still nothing.

She then decided to visit her to their house. She wears her jacket again and jogged her way to her out. She saw her mother in the dining area and stopped for a while.

"Mom, I'm going out. I'll just check on Jennie."

"She's probably resting at this hour, honey.."

"I uhh.. just wanted to make sure. She's not answering her phone."

"Maybe she's sleeping already."

"Please, mom.."

Her mom looks at her and saw Lisa's pleading eyes.

"Okay. Just.. be quick."

Lisa immediately dashed out of their house.

"And be careful!" Her mom said loudly.

Lisa drives immediately to Kim's residence and hit the door bell. She's looking around and getting impatient already and pressed the door bell many times.

Someone came out and opened the gates.

"Hey.. is Jennie there?" she asked the maid.

"Who is it?" Jennie's mom went out and saw Lisa.

"Lisa..?"

"Yes, ma'am. Is Jennie inside?" Lisa asked anxiously.

"Mom..? Lis.. what are you doing here?"

"Jen.." Lisa went inside, ignoring what Jennie's mother would think and hugged Jennie upon seeing her.

Jennie got shocked and looked at her mother. Jennie's mom frowned and went inside their house, leaving the two.

Lisa releases the hug and cups Jennie's cheeks.

"I was so worried about you. I've been calling you since earlier. You're not answering. Why weren't you answering my calls?"