Chapter 33: Number 19

LISA's POV

"Where is Jennie? The game will start after 5. Where is she!?" our coach yelled.

Right. Where is she? She told us, she's going to the restroom. It was already 10 minutes ago. She's taking too long.

"We'll call her, coach." Yerin unnie said and grabbed my arm.

We ran to the restroom and found her, spacing out while leaning on the sink.

"Hey.." I called.

She turned to us and I noticed how shaky her hands are while covering her mouth.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I cupped her cheeks.

"The game will start already. What's happening?"

"K-Kai.. h-he's here."

I looked at her and her eyes are shaking. I pulled her and hugged her tight. Even Yerin unnie gasped when she heard it. Jennie started sobbing. Shocks! Why does this have to happen now?!

"Did he see you? Did he hurt you?" I looked at her again while wiping her tears. She shook her head.

"H-He saw me. But.. I-I r-ran before h-he could a-approach me."

I hugged her again.

"Lis, we don't have much time."

"Unnie.. you have to get in. Just.. ask Eunseo to get in too."

"No.." Jennie said while wiping her tears.

"I can do it."

"Are you sure?"

"Y-Yes.."

"Jennie, you don't have to. We'll win this game." Yerin unnie said while caressing both of our shoulders.

"No. I want to. Just.. I'll follow there." she said and faced the sink then washes her face.

"I won't leave you here."

She wipes her face with the tissue and took a deep breath.

"Let's go.."

Yerin unnie pats my back and nodded. I just nodded back and she ran outside. I looked at Jennie again.

"Nini.. are you sure?"

"Yeah.. let's go."

She was about to run but I held her tight. I hugged her again one more time. Ghad! She's shaking.

"I'm here, Nini.. okay? Nothing will happen to you."

I've felt her nodded. I released the hug and looks at her. I smiled and kissed her. She just chuckled and kissed me too.

"Let's go.." she said and we both ran back to the gym.

I roamed my eyes around to search for the guy, then there. Along with the crowds, sitting on the bench with the other HU students. He's far but I can see smirk building from his lips.

If you're so sure that you can go near Jennie, I'd break every bone on your face again, Kai. You still have bandages on your face and I won't hesitate to add more or worse.

"Lili.."

I turned to Jennie as she rubs my hand. I didn't notice I was holding her too tight.

"Focus on the game and don't think of anything else." I told her.

"Where have you been, Jen?! Go in fast. You too, Lisa!"

I've felt Jennie got startled when our coach yelled.