Prolouge

Prolouge

After the group hug I left Hayley and Isac alone. I felt like going for a swim and went in search for a companion. I found Nate and Riley in the games room, having a boxing match; they declined the offer and carried on throwing punches. I went to ask Kate and found Rosie coming out of Mickey’s room with a tray of UN eaten food and a grimace on her face. She informed me that Kate was ill and Mickey was caring for her. Rosie had the job of maid and was grabbing anything Mickey might need for Kate. I did go into to see her. She looked more pissed than ill, mainly because Mickey was not letting her do anything, he was treating her like a cripple. She did admit she felt like hell and did not intend on leaving her bed today.

So that leaves me all on my own, here in the pool. It’s cold outside but the pool is warm and the sun is out making it feel like a summer’s day in here. I have been swimming lengths for the past half an hour and letting my mind relax. I do tire of swimming easily and swimming alone is not so much fun. Doing one final lap I decide to chill and read for a while. Pulling myself up the small ladders out of the pool, I have to pause all of a sudden as I get a dizzy spell. I close my eyes because I feel quite faint. My head is light and spinning. I take a few deep breaths and finally manage to open my eye without the feeling that I am going to fall back into the pool. Sitting and reading doesn’t sound like such a good idea all of a sudden. I grab my blue dressing gown and throw it on, not caring that my swim suit is still wet, I walk towards the house.

As I get to the lounge patio doors, I see something out of the corner of my eye and spin round. There’s nothing there, the gardens are empty and the sun is bright in the sky. I can’t shake the feeling that someone is watching me. I’m becoming paranoid...just get inside and lay down Iz...now I’m talking to myself...great! I turn around to head into the lounge. OW! A sharp sting explodes on the side of my neck, my hand flies towards the pain to ease it, but it only becomes more intense. I look at my reflection in the patio glass doors. I see Marty stood behind me. He has a sneer on his lips and his eyes are completely black. I know instantly that he is not My Marty. I try to speak but nothing comes out, I notice Marty has a needle in his hand. Has he drugged me? My legs buckle beneath me; I fall to the ground with an almighty crash and feel the bones in my arm crush. The pain is excruciating, but I can’t move to see the damage or scream out in pain. It’s like I’m paralysed but I can see, feel and hear everything. What the hell has he done to me? I open my mind link to cry for help but he picks me up, my whole body shudders as he holds onto me and I watch my house disappear before my eyes. In it’s place is complete blackness. I am laid down on a cool metal trolley and I cannot move. I cannot scream. And I can no longer feel Regan...Isac or Hayley. I am alone.