Chapter 12

****

HI...IM SO HAPPY ASHTON HAS JOINED THE GANG ARE YOU? THE STORY IS DRAGGING ABIT  I FEEL SO IM GOING TO DO THE NEXT CHAPTER STRAIGHT AWAY AND GET IT UP! THANKS FOR READING.

Chapter 12

Walking back into the dining hall, I realise I am going to have to lie to almost everyone, I hate lying. I slump down in my seat, everyone is looking at me questioningly, I cringe as I meet my father’s gaze.

“You took a while...is everything okay sweetheart?”

“Yeah dad everything’s fine...I began to feel light headed so Regan and Ashton sat me down for a minute to relax!”

My dad nodded and smiled, I hear a couple of gasps from the table and immediately look around, I am met with widen eyes and looks of shock from Isac and Hayley.

“Who is Ashton Darling?”

My mother smiles sweetly at me, trying to hide the obvious urgency in her question.

“Oh...he’s a friend...of Regan’s...from college”

I say it more like a question, my parents and most of the others at the table accept my answer, but Drew looks like he’s trying to place this mystery boy ‘Ashton’ and I realise I will need to tell him the truth also, otherwise he may blab. I open my mind link to Hayley and Isac, hoping Isac can stop Drew from revealing the lie.

“Ashton is here guys...he fell...he is upstairs taking a shower and he does not want anyone to know who he is...but we will need to tell Mika and Riley to keep it hush...and Isac...you will need to tell Drew the truth before he blabs that Regan doesn’t have a friend called Ashton from college”

They both nod their heads slightly letting me know they understand, Isac turns to Drew just before he is about to protest about Regan’s ‘friend’ and Hayley, who is sat beside Machala whispers too her, Machala does not react to the news she just turns to Riley on her other side and explains what she has just been told.

“Where are they now sweetheart?”

“Regan has taken Ashton to out room...to get cleaned up!”

My father nods and turns back to the conversation between him and Mia’s husband Jason, Mia’s son Bennie is itching to get back to his new play station three and the game our dinner interrupted. His mother excuses him from the table and that seems to inform everyone that they are no longer confined to the conversation at the table, Drew stands first and rubs his hands together.

“Who’s up for a tournament on the new fifa 12 then?”

He receives rolling of eyes from every female on the table apart from Machala who loves the game as much as the boys, and he looks down to Caroline as if asking for permission, the other guys at the table also look towards us females for permission, I stifle a chuckle as I scan there hopeful faces.

“Go on then...we will clear the table and have a nice girly chit chat!”

My father frowns and stands up waving a hand dismissively.

“No don’t worry we will clear the dining area, you kids go enjoy your selves.

I raise an eyebrow at my father as I hear several chairs scrape the floor as the guys all shoot out of the hall into the lounge, as I suspected the girls have stayed behind and are also giving my father ‘the look’. My father outs his hands up in surrender and backs away from the table.

“Okay...I wouldn’t want to interfere in your girl chat...but Isabella do not lift anything, stretch too far or bend too low, you need to take it easy huni!”