Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Walking into the house I notice the clock shows we have twenty minutes until the countdown. The guests are beginning to form there groups in anticipation. I scan the room for our group and notice Kate and Mickey stood near the front of the stage, they see us and wave. Just as we are about to head over to them, Regan’s hand tightens over mine and I hear Isac’s panicked voice in my head.

“Izzie...we need you in the hallway now!”

The urgency in his voice startles me, Kate notices the change in my face and looks at me questioningly, I wave my hand in a gesture towards the door and walk out into the hallway, I don’t know what I was expecting but what is here to greet me sends shivers down my spine.

Drew and Nate are being restrained by two burly men dressed in sharp suits. They are struggling to get free and the men are finding it hard to keep their grip on them. Drew looks murderous with tears in his eyes, I follow his gaze and see Caroline laying un moving on the floor at the bottom of the stairs, Isac is stood beside hovering over a third man who looks like he is struggling to move, Isac must have a hold on him. I hear a gasp behind me and find Ayesha looking towards Caroline; she immediately runs over and crouches down.  A commotion to my left startles my attention, Hayley is stood in front of a fourth man, she has him pinned against the wall, he is clasping at his throat as if he is being choked, I feel an overwhelming urge to go to her and help, she is not as strong as me and she won’t be able to hold him much longer, I can see her legs trembling.

“Baby... stay with Ash and Mickey!”

Before I can protest Ashton takes me by the waist and leads me further away towards the right of the hall. I look ahead of me when I hear a small whimper. Riley is stood in front of Machala protectively; he is glaring at a woman facing him. Machala whimpers again as the women edges closer to them. I am now sandwich between Mickey and Ashton, they are not allowing me to move, I look to Kate for help but she simply shakes her head and looks at me apologetically. The only noise I can hear is Drew and Nate’s grunts as they try and free themselves from there captures. I stare straight at the woman in front of Riley; I know this is all her doing.

“Who the hell are you...and what the hell are you doing in my house!”

The woman, who hadn’t noticed me yet, yelped and jumped back as I mentally flicked her out stretched hand away from Riley. She turns and I see her head on for the first time. She’s tall and slender, maybe mid thirties, long straight brown hair and brown almost black eyes. Her cheek bones are really prominent; they glow as she smiles brightly at me. Her smile gives me the creeps and I scowl at her as she turns back to Riley, ignoring my question.

“Riley...Machala come over here!”

Riley looks over at me, he looks unsure about moving, whenever he takes a new direction the woman moves with him. I have had just enough of this. I mentally kick the bitch away, she flys through the air and crashes hard into my front door, as she slides down the two holding Nate and Drew, drop them and run to her aid. Riley grabs Machala and brings her to me.

“Baby...I need a hand here!”

Regan is stood with Hayley helping keep a hold on the forth guy at the wall, he is huge and is still struggling. I make sure I have a tight grip on him, and then throw him in the direction of the other three at the door. Hayley and Regan have to duck as he brushes past them to crash into the wall. A small whine escapes his lips, but  to my surprise he stands up and scurries over towards Isac and the smaller man on the floor, Isac notices his coming and goes into defence, the big man holds out his hands in surrender then simply picks up the smaller guy and carries him over to his group. I admire him for that, but it doesn’t last. I harden my features again as I see Drew carrying a now awake but drowsy Caroline over to us. Regan has taken a place to my right Ashton to my left, then Mickey, Nate and Drew. We are all stood in a line glaring at our intruders. Kate is holding onto Caroline behind us, while Ayesha and Riley try to calm Machala. The group at the door are now all stood staring at us in awe and wonder, well all apart from the she bitch, who is scowling.