Chapter 46

"Why me?"  Rekins stuttered out.

"Well there was a reason why I trained you so hard.  You improved quickly and stay motivated.  You have a purpose in this rebellion, and now I want to give you a place to show everyone else how great you are," Belan smiled at his student.  Rekin had tears welling at the corner of his eyes but he quickly took a breath and wiped them away.

"We are going to need to see a demonstration of course.  And ask a few questions of the young man," Achmetha said while looking at Rekin.  

"That makes sense.  Rekin would we like to go out and show everyone what you can do?"  Belan asked him.  Rekin nodded because it seemed like he had no other choice.  So everyone proceed to follow Rekin and Belan outside.  Rekin wondered what he was to do.  

"First, what is it that you can do?"  Achmetha asked.

"I can do wind and earth magic," Rekin responded.

"Alright, show us a barrier you would create to shield your fellow comrades in an attack."  Rekin was intimidated by Achmetha's stare.  Out of everyone there he seemed to be the most skeptical of him.  Rekin could find no reason as to why.  But he pushed the thought away and took in a deep breath and brought the sellia out of him and could feel the earth move as he commanded into a wall in front of him.  He wasn't sure how big of a wall to make so he thought since he was trying to impress people, to make it pretty big.

"Well this kid is pretty cool," Ro gave a wide eyed stare at the wall.  It made Rekin feel like he was doing a good job in the face of the blank King of Anthropina.

"Now what would you do if an attack was coming toward you?"  Achmetha waited for Rekin to make a move.  Rekin decided make a dome of earth around him.  He could deter certain attacks with his wind magic but he could stop all attacks with a solid shielding all around him.  He then blew a part of the dome out so he could step out of it.

"Ro I want you to shoot your gunner at Rekin," Achmetha demanded.  Ro gave a look of utter surprise.

"What do you mean?  I don't want to kill the kid!"  Ro argued.

"Just do as I tell you Ro," Achmetha gave Ro a glare.  "Just trust me."

"Alright I guess.  Don't die kid," Ro took out his large gunner winced as he fired at Rekin.  But instead of tearing Rekin to shreds, he stopped all the bullets and they just floated in the air it seemed before he let them drop to the ground

"I told you," Achmetha looked over at Ro.  

"Should never doubt you boss," Ro chuckled nervously.  

Audrielle noticed that what Rekin did was the same thing when back at the inn.  That seemed so long ago.

"How old are you?"  Achmetha asked.

"I'm 15 sir," Rekin responded.  Achmetha seems to study him for a moment.

"A little small for 15, do you know any hand to hand combat?"  Rekin shook his head no to this question.  Achmetha sighed.  "All right then.  I think you would be a good fit for third seat.  But once you are finished with you're training with Belan and feel like it's in a good place I want you to come to the castle with me and train.  I see something in you," and then Achmetha gave the first smile anyone has seen at this meeting.  Rekin swears he heard someone gasp at the sight.

"I would like that sir, thank you," Rekin felt a giddy smile creep onto his own face.  But if he let it show too much he felt like Mageia would tease him about it later.  Not that it would be terrible though.

Audrielle was proud of Rekin.  And thought that she should also do more than learn some magic.  

"I think that Rekin would be ready now," Belan told Achmetha.  Rekin was surprised that Belan thought he was far enough in his training already.