Chapter 31

After only a mile Audrielle's feet began to hurt and the rock was digging into her back.  She couldn't do this, not anytime soon anyway.  She was physically fit, but it seemed nowhere near as much as Solxa and Genta seemed to be.  To really be able to master anything she was going to have to train her body more than both of them.  She has to handle no one, but the power of all the magic.  And maybe she is the chosen one, but it didn't seem to mean anything physically.  What is so different about her that makes her the chosen one?  Besides her being immortal and her father being it seems hundreds of years old.  

"Ah!"  Audrielle fell over and the rock rolled over her head and smashed into the ground.  She gave an exasperated sigh and laid there for a moment staring at the ceiling.  She took the time to catch her breath and wipe the sweat from herself but it was just met with dirt and more sweat.  

Audrielle was out of sight already for Solxa but she knew she hadn't gone far.  No one ever gets far before toppling over.  

"What is she suppose to do?"  Lexani asked her, observing Solxa's difficult to say the least training methods.

"That's what she is supposed to figure out.  She is probably laying on the ground about a mile ahead staring off wondering what she is to do and feeling sorry for herself.  But she had to learn to expel the weakness and the fear and think outside the box.  She has to learn to use what she has inside of her.  It has nothing to do with how strong she is on the inside.  She needs to be strong on the inside.  Then the rest will come to her."  Solxa sighed and shook her head.  "For all I care she could be hopeless and die out there.  That will just be a weak link lost in this chain of the rebellions timeline."

"Solxa, I wish you wouldn't be like that," Lexani scolded.

Solxa just looked at her uninterested.  "Well Lexani if she gets back and completes this seemingly impossible task, she will become the clasp of the chain that will link us all together."  Lexani smiled at her old friends.  They've known each other all this time, she should know there is a reason to her madness.

Audrielle rolled over and lifted herself up, and ached all throughout her body.  She looked to the rock and it seemed to be taunting her.  She rolled her eyes and got up on her feet.  She knew that seven more miles were out of the question for any human being.  Even for Solxa herself.  So why would she ask her to do this?  She gave it some serious thought and rolling the rock, but it was so oddly shaped it didn't roll properly.  Audrielle felt there was a lesson to learn here, and if she cheated out of it by walking the rest of the way and only taking the rock for the mile back it would only leave her coming back empty-handed.  But what is Solxa playing at here?

Audrielle sighed and put her hands together and started building sellia.  The pressure was once again building, like a headache that presses on your head, but she kept going.  The only way to get this boulder with her for seven more miles she needed to find the power within herself and keep that power going.  Then for a moment she grabbed the pressure with her resolve and opened it up to herself.  It wasn't like she was letting it take over her, she was taking over it.  She was drawing it all from herself.  She looked at the rock and pushed all the power onto it, destroying it instantly.  The key was to build up all the sellia for a purpose and channel all the destructive power and energy into that purpose.  That was what dark magic sellia was for.  And what fueled it was the strength and power of no one but herself.  Her inner strength.

Audrielle walked the rest of the seven miles and when she approached Solxa without the rock Solxa gave her a look of approval.  This proved that Audrielle was correct in what she was supposed to learn to do.

"I hoped you learned what I wanted you to and didn't ditch the rock somewhere," Solxa gave her a suspicious look.

"I learned what you wanted.  I was having so much trouble with the sellia buildup because I was so afraid it was going to destroy me.  But it the energy is meant for something else, then that's what gets destroyed."  Audrielle felt pretty proud of herself.

"Yes, I see you are not helpless after all.  But I will tell you now what others learn the hard way.  When you use it against another human being, you must show no hesitation.  Because if you do it is you that you will end up killing, not them.  This destructive power is only meant to be used will certainty and confidence."

Audrielle gulped down the lump that was rising in her throat.  She never thought about the fact that in the future there will be war.  To use this power to fight against those who stand against the Queen, she will need to have a resolve to do what it takes to take her down.  There are no second chances.  She will end up having to hurt people.  

"I understand," Audrielle said.

Solxa nodded.  "Now you are ready for the real part of you're training."