Chapter 37

Soon enough it was nighttime and everyone was struggling to stay awake.  Everyone took rooms in the rebels cave close to the infirmary.  Even though Audrielle's eyes were heavy, each scream shook her awake.  The thing that was concerning that close to morning Genta's screams were becoming less loud and weaker.  She didn't seem to be fighting as much anymore.  After about an hour of nothing, there was a knock on the door Audrielle was staying in.  It was Keoat.

"The baby has been born," he said frantically.  Audrielle shot out of the bed and raced after him to the infirmary.  Everyone was inside but kept away from getting to close to Genta.  There in her arms was a crying baby boy.  Genta was breathing heavily and was barely able to tell what was going on around her.  But it seemed all she was focusing on her new son.  His face was red and he was crying, but as soon as she started stroking his head he seemed to calm down.  Felix was trying to hold back tears looking at his wife and child.  It seemed he had the family he never thought would be possible.  All right under the Queens's nose.  It was rewarding, to have a happiness that she fought so hard to prevent.  

"What name do you have in mind, my lady?"  Felix said to his wife.  She sighed.  "Alwyn."  She smiled down at him again and then up at her husband.  "And then Star, the royal family name of course.  A new royalty.  For the next generation, the future.  It makes the rebellion a little more worth it.  To fight for a better future for him.  Don't you think Fe-" Genta's breath stopped and her eyes drained as Felix caught Alwyn.  Her body went limp.  

"Genta!"  Lexani went to try to bring the life and light back into her body.  But it seemed too much life was taken from her to give birth to her son.  Audrielle watched in horror as Lexani tried to revive Genta's lifeless body.  There was a feeling in her chest and she watched as Ran fell over into Belan's arms in tears.  Felix held his child close as his wife was drifting out of his life.  This didn't seem fair.  This didn't seem fair at all.  Of all the people that should be able to see the future of Allion, it should be Genta.  Fighting tooth and nail for the new story of our country, and risked everything for a family that she always wanted and deserved.  This isn't the way this was supposed to end. 

Audrielle approached Genta and started letting out tears that came so fast it blurred her vision.  Her face became hot and sticky.  She couldn't let it end this way.  She believed with all of her that Genta deserved to live.  If anyone did in the scheme of things it should be her.  She fell to her knees by Genta's bedside and let out a harsh cry.  Then there was a flash of light.  Everyone covered their eyes but Audrielle, it seemed to be coming from her.  Her eyes went white as a flash of pure light sellia poured out of her into Genta's lifeless body.  

When the light faded Audrielle's eyes faded back to bright gold and she fell over losing consciousness.  Everyone took a moment to react to what just happened.  Keoat went to Audrielle's side and made sure she was breathing.  Her breaths were steady, but it seemed she wasn't going to wake up at this moment.  What was really startling when there was a grumble from the bed and Genta opened her eyes.  The look on Felix's face was nothing you've ever seen before.  Tears fell down his face as he touched his wife to make sure this was real.  She was alive.  Ran pulled her daughter into a tight hug.  Solxa and Lexani looked at each other confused.  Did Audrielle just bring Genta back from the dead?

"Is Audrielle alright?"  Rekin asked looked at Audrielle on the ground.

"She's breathing just fine.  I have no idea what happened to her..." Keoat pulled her up onto his lap.  

Mageia stepped forward and had something to say.  "In my vision, there was a flash of light at the end, it must have been this.  But that's all I saw."

Lexani shook her head.  "It seems impossible to bring someone back who has one foot into the grave.  It seemed that Genta was dead."  She looked over at her friend, who looked more than perfectly healthy despite giving birth and almost dying.

"It felt like to me...like she was giving me some of her own life force.  But it didn't feel like I was taking any.  It was like I was visited by the Goddess Ren," Genta tried to explain what happened to her.

"Like the Goddess?"  Solxa asked.  This just made this whole thing even more confusing and mysterious.  How did Genta feel the Goddess of Creation coming from Audrielle?

"Well, it looks to me like there are no answers.  I doubt when Audrielle wakes up she will have the answers either," Belan told the room.  Everyone seemed to agree.  Keoat lifted Audrielle up on one of the beds and could see that she might not be conscious but there was something going on in her head at the moment.  She was most definitely dreaming.  But what could she be dreaming about right now?

"I can say that one thing I was feeling was light magic.  But it was like light magic that I have never felt before.  It was on a whole other level.  More powerful than even mine.  We don't know how anything works past learning one magic.  If she had learned dark magic first we assumed that meant that light magic was the last thing she was going to learn.  Not the next.  It seems like everything we assumed would be true for the chosen one is being proven wrong.  First not starting with Arcane and now this," Lexani looked at the girl.  "It seems we have to scratch everything we thought we knew about the arrival of the chosen one."