Chapter 27

Audrielle was sitting in her room in Genta's house, looking out the window and once again had a million things going through her head.  Genta had told her that they are going to leave tomorrow to meet with her mother in Anthropina to meet with someone who can teach Dark Magic to her.  She didn't think it would be the first thing she activated.  Audrielle thought she was messing this up already.  And she hadn't even really started yet.

There was a knock on her door.

"Who is it?"

"Mageia. I have something to show you," her quite voice had a hint of excitement.  She opened the door slowly and was holding a piece of paper in her hand.  "Genta had asked me to draw her and her husband, so I did."  She came over and held up the paper so Audrielle could see it.  It was amazing.  The detail was breathtaking, and they looked so happy.  

"She is going to love this," Audrielle assured her.  Mageia then looked like she had something more she wanted to tell her.  "Is there something else you want to tell me?"

Mageia opened her mouth to speak but didn't seem to know exactly how to say it.  "I had a dream last night.  But it didn't really feel like a dream.  It felt like I was seeing into the future.  There were people around I didn't know, and people around I did like Keoat, Rekin, You."

"What was the dream about?"

Mageia took a deep breath and looked right into Audrielles eyes, "I had a dream that Genta died giving birth to her child.  It's going to happen 7 days from now."  As Mageia finished saying this there was something that dropped on the other side of the door and footsteps walking away.  Audrielle jumped up to race after whoever it was.  When she looked down the stairs she could see Genta walking away outside.  She chased after her.

"Genta wait!"  Audrielle rushed after her, with Mageia following.  Genta stopped short of the fruit trees.

"Who else did you see?"  Genta said.

"What?"  Audrielle was confused,

"Not you, the child!"  Genta's eyes were full of tears as she turned around to Mageia.  Mageia looked scared.  She was close to crying too.

"I-I saw a woman, s-she had b-blonde hair and w-was trying to help you.  I saw an o-older w-woman crying with an older man.  I saw another w-woman with green hair and r-red eyes," Mageia told her.  Genta gave a face of total helplessness and fell to the ground.  Felix came rushing out and came to her side.  

"What's wrong my dear?"  Felix was worried as he lifted her up and into his arms.

"That child can see the future!"  She exclaimed through her tears.  "She saw Lexani and Solxa there, as well as my mother and father.  She saw me die.  I'm going to die Felix.  I'm so sorry, I'm going to die," her sobs took over her voice and her legs gave way once more, Felix catching her and holding her up.

Felix looked up at the two girls.  "Leave me with her."  Audrielle nodded and took Mageia by the hand and led her away.  Keoat and Rekin were watching as they walked in.

"What's going on?"  Keoat asked Audrielle.

"I'll tell you later.  Not right now," she said as she continued up the stairs.  

"I didn't mean to have her know," Mageia said.

"I know," Audrielle pulled her into a hug.  "Just, make sure to tell me in quiet about anything else you see.  Has it just been in your dreams?"

"No, I've seen visions of the future all my life.  In my dreams, sometimes they just come and go and I lose consciousness for a bit.  Kids in the orphanage use to make fun of me all the time for fainting.  Kids at school too."

"Do those visions ever come true?"  Audrielle was almost too afraid to ask.

"Every one of them has.  I saw the village get burned.  That's why I started to make a run for it early.  No one would listen to me."

It made sense now how Mageia survived so easily.  Everyone else in the village seemed to be dead.  Mageia had gotten a head start, and that how Audrielle and them were able to find her.  She got a head start as well.

"Maybe now that we know we can prepare better for the day.  You might of saved Genta's life," Audrielle smiled at her.  Trying to make her feel better about the whole thing.  Mageia smiled back at her.

"Maybe," Mageia wiped tears from her eyes.  

"You stay here and I'm going to go and figure things out, okay?"  Mageia nodded.

Audrielle left to go tell Keoat what happened and see how Genta was doing.  

"So now can you tell me?"  Keoat asked.

"You, all you had to do is be patient," Audrielle snapped a bit at him.  He jumped back a little, and gave an apologetic look.  

"Sorry..." he said.

"It's fine it's just not first priority to let you know what's going on when it's still going on," Audrielle didn't know why she had all this pent up anger.  Maybe it was just stress, she just wanted to not have something to deal with all the time.  She was starting to think she should have been a teacher instead.  "Mageia had a vision that Genta died in childbirth 7 days from now."

"A vision?"  Keoat was taken aback by this.

"Yeah, it seems like she can see into the future.  She saw the attack on Spalon as well.  That's why she was around where we were."  As Audrielle got done explaining Genta and Felix came back in.

"Genta are you alright?"  Audrielle rushed over to her.  Genta looked tired, and like she didn't want to speak with anyone.  She just kept walking, right up the stairs with her husband at her side.  She turned around for a moment though, just to say one thing.

"Pack what you have we're leaving tomorrow," and then continued up the stairs.

Audrielle didn't know what to say.  Does she tell her that all Magei's visions have been true so far?  Or should she let it be?  If she does tell her though it might end up saving her life, and if she doesn't tell her it would be letting her die.  She didn't know what to do.  Giving herself some time to think while packing her bags is a good idea.

As she put everything away Mageia was silent.  She felt like she caused a commotion.  But it really wasn't her fault.  Was it magic that Mageia used to see into the future?  It had to be, there was no other explanation for it.  But she was from the Spathi faction, but as an orphan.  It's frustrating how there can never be clear answers to anything.  

She at least knew what kind of magic she was going to be training first.  Dark magic.  That was the last one she thought.  But her hate for the Queen is the easiest thing to focus on and fuel herself on.  Getting that energy from herself makes sense in a way.  It seems so easy though, to let the hate consume her to gain the most out of her power.  The more she hated the more she felt like she had to defeat her enemy.  With this hate maybe she would be able to protect those close to her.  What she had to focus on now, was gaining power.