Chapter 60

Liam's POV
I've been on this trip for so long and to be honest I was ready to go home I missed my bed I missed the weather but most of all I missed the beautiful human who would probably be playing candy crush right now, I don't know why I didn't bundle her with me on this trip I regret it so much.
I sat down in my meeting listening to the same conversations over and over again when one of the girls I saw at the reception rushes into the board room abruptly, we were all stunned but mostly I was intrigued at the level of incompetence at this organization till she says my name " I'm so sorry but Mr price you have a phone call, it's an emergency " she says and I express my deepest apologies while I follow her .my mom was no the other end of the line crying and I from her few words in between snots I knew what she was trying to say. I immediately called my assistant and booked my flight forgetting about the meeting or business deal.
It took a couple of hours to finally get to hospital, I was anxious through out the journey and all that came into my head was what if?
As soon as I entered the hospital it had that familiar hospital smell I loathed and I was directed to my dads room my mom was seated on  the chair opposite his bed holding his hand everyone's eyes were on me making me uncomfortable it was hard seeing my dad lying there not moving, a shadow of himself I hear the door open and kourtney walk in everyone's attention is fixed on her, it was her nature her beauty always had a way of drawing my breath away. My eyes were red I could feel them I wanted to cry and let it all out but I had to be strong . She stood at the door post for what felt like eternities gazing at me before she finally walking in she moved closer to me but it was like I was no longer in control of my body and flinched. We stayed in the hospital for four days trying to spend as much time as possible with my dad while the doctors were trying to do their best to keep him on this planet with us but sadly on the fourth day he gave up ghost. My mum cried till tears were unable to be formed and refused to let him go even after the doctors pronounced him dead, it was hard to see her that way, Kayleigh didn't speak she just stood at the corner of the room staring at our fathers lifeless body. One minute we were three kids growing up with our parents and the next we no longer have a father. I haven't been able to sleep in the house since my dad died it was like I could see him everywhere, hear his voice that house held too much memories so I did what every weak person would to, drink. Kourt had tried to talk to me but I just couldn't speak to her I knew I couldn't all I would do was take advantage of her and fuck her like one of the whore in the cheap motels so I did exactly just that I booked my room in a hotel and requested a girl from a friends plug I won't like she looked ravishing like one of those girls from play boy but I couldn't bring my self to do it.chris had been ringing my phone non stop and I was just not ready to deal with this family right now sometimes I make it home but I make sure I'm always too drunk for conversation before my Uber drop me off .

It was 12am and as usual I was drunk after getting an Uber driver get me home in one peace I hear chris's voice " where the fuck have you been " He asks and u ignore him and proceed to climb the stairs
The staff and Kayleigh are all standing staring at me as I tried to move Chris out of my way at which led to a boxing match , I wasn't about to fight with my brother but who does he think he is to tell me how to grieve yes, I may have been spiraling but still it ain't his business.

No one tried to separate us they all just watched until Kayleigh comes downstairs, she doesn't seem surprised to see two grown men on the floor and brings out a can from her hands and all I remember is the sting my eyes felt, did we just get pepper sprayed?

My eyes stop hurting finally after a few minutes of groaning and I make it to the guest room with the help of one of the staff. I didn't want to bother kourtney she was going through stuff her self, I know my actions lately were taking a toll on her especially cause things used to be good, I used to be good.
I hear a knock on the door and knew it just had to be her who else would come here to check if I was okay. She walks in wearing one of those satin slips she usually wears, taking a look at the surrounding before she takes a seat on the bed. I made sure my eyes were shut so she couldn't see me but I could feel her presence.